Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firmware update question

Hi,

I have the Falcon 128 and want to update to firmware 1571. I read the instructions, but am still a little unclear about the process.

I put the jumper on as indicated in the instructions, restarted with the firmware update on my USB drive and could not get past the boot message about improper media try again. I removed the USB drive and restarted and got the same message. What is this?

I removed the SSD drive to be sure the jumper was on properly, it looked like it was, and restarted. This time it booted to Win 7 so I tried doing the update from there. But it stopped when trying to align the drive. I got a message about "drive not found".

Has anybody else run into this or am I just clueless about the process?

if you haven't set the bios to boot from usb, it boot from the SSD anyway. Having the jumper on the SDD might prevent it to boot properly. Go to the Bios, choose the usb as the boot device, boot with the jumper on and flash, then return in bios, choose boot from Hard Drive, remove the jumper and it should work

I don't know what type of computer you have but some of them allow you to choose the boot device by pressing the f8 key ( or might be another one, not sure anymore, I always go by the bios.)

Comment

Well, that didn't work. All I got was a message saying to remove CD or media and press any key to restart. I did that and then it booted to win7.

Comment

Working...
      X