M4A785TD-M EVO and issue with F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4A785TD-M EVO and issue with F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

I have a ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO and a Athlon X4 630 @3.5Ghz stable with no change to vcore.

Ram is G Skill F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM. When i try set it to 1600 it when the cpu is overclocked it wont boot. When i set cpu to stock and then change timings on DCT-0 and DCT-1 to 8 8 8 24 and 800Mhz and 1.65v it works fine but then i cannot overclock the CPU. I have increased CPU vcore but still cannot to get it to boot while the ram is at 1600.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Post up some BIOS screen shots and we will see what we can do to help you overclock your CPU.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Try HT OverVoltage - 1.40V

The BIOS settings are inconsistent. Not sure what is permanently set and what isn't.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

well at the moment everything is set to auto bar the cpu which is clocked at 250 instead of 200, everything else is default, was just showing where the issues are.

thanks

Comment

At 250, you'll have to readjust all multipliers and speeds otherwise some settings will be way too high.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi

thanks, do you have any idea what i should be looking at?

Comment

after running memtest on fully stock settings i get errors and crash after 3-4 mins testing. As the memory is under a week old do i take it back to the place of purchase? I most certainly am not happy with the memory thats for sure.

Comment

Believe I'd go ahead and return it, let them know you tested each stick individually and if possible take the results of the testing w/ you, Believe most retailers should take them back as faulty

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Lemzip View Post
                  after running memtest on fully stock settings i get errors and crash after 3-4 mins testing. As the memory is under a week old do i take it back to the place of purchase? I most certainly am not happy with the memory thats for sure.
                  Firstly, apologies to g skill as this does not match with the testing i have done and the memory is not at fault, its the board.

It seems this board and the -V board has ram divider issues. To overclock the CPU and to make it run over a certain speed you need to select the 400 divider however this is slow.

At the moment i have my settings as shown.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...untitled-2.jpg
                  http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../untitled1.jpg

Can G Skill give me some slacker timings to run at setting 400 in bios (530 real) I have tried 8-8-8-22-30 and 8-8-8-19-33 and 9-9-9-24-33 however the system wont boot.

This however is temporary and we need to see if asus will fix this issue with the bios and certain memory (some memory dont have this issue). Can i suggest G Skill get a -M and -V board from asus to test these issues as i have noticed a few posts on the forum here with the same issues.
                  Last edited by Lemzip; 12-01-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Gskill is temp on the fritz with some server problems, sure they'll get back to yu once they get the hardware issues rectified.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

for the AM3 memory issue, ASUS is still working on that and will solve it soon
                      thanks

G.S

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL View Post
                        for the AM3 memory issue, ASUS is still working on that and will solve it soon
                        thanks

G.S
                        Do you know what the actual problem is or what is causing this with g skill memory?

Comment

Since the memory controller is embedded in the CPU, operating the the memory at a high frequency could reduce overclockability of the CPU frequency. You will need to fine tune voltages to get both your high CPU frequency and memory frequency to operate smoothly.

Thank you
                          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

generaqlly, it's limitation of chipset, but motherboard manufacturer try to find out some special way to improve it

G.S

Comment

Working...
                            X