Suggestions on motherboard.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestions on motherboard.

I bought G.SKILL F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH Ripjaws 6GB 3X2GB DDR3-2000 CL9-9-9-24 240PIN Triple Channel i7 Memory for my core i 7 920 system, D0. I have read numerous posts about it having problems. I have never build a machine myself and I would hate to not able to boot up when I finished assembling my machine. I have a few boards to pick from, which one will I likely to encounter the least problem.

Asus P6T SE X58 ATx
    ASUS P6T X58 ATX
    Gigabyte EX58-UD3R ATX

I have the gskill ram already since I heard it is good, I want to spare the headache. I have read the sticky about what to set up in the bios. EX58-UD3R sticky only has the setup for a different set of ram but not the Ripjaws, so... I just want to confirm everything first before I buy different board.

Thanks
    Asus P6t SE X58 or P6t X58
    75.00%
    Gigabyte Ex58-UD3R
    25.00%

Of the three, I'd go with the Gigabyte, both ASUS boards are good also. I went predominantly with ASUS boards for years in builds and still use a lot of them, but have been extremely impressed with all the Gigabyte UL series of boards in all socket selections. The boards run cool, are generally great OCers, and very competitively priced comparatively speaking. They also provide much better support than ASUS (if needed).

Of the two ASUS boards, believe you''d be happier with the straight P6T opposed to the SE, the straight P6T is a getting more attention from them on the BIOS and has been around a bit longer.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. So, the least headache board is gigabyte? I want to oc, of course, but, I want to be able to boot up at 2000mhz speed first with 9-9-9-24 timing.

Comment

Glad you want to OC, because you'll have to some to run 2000 stable, when you do your build you can go ahead and set it up for 2000, with stock timings, command rate of 2T and voltage at 1.6. If there are any stability problems the mobo comes with a pretty decent OC software program and you can add a slight OC and see if that helps, otherwise you may have to make some minor adjustments in the timings and voltages.....or you can down clock the RAM to 1600 and run it at CL8 with tighter timings and it may well outperform the 2000 speed at CL9.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wow, you are very helpful. No wonder Gskill ram sells. I very hope that I will not run into problems later on. Thanks.

Comment

I don't like the Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, I'm with the ASUS. =P The UD3R doesn't fare well with high memory frequency and BCLK.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Administrator vs moderator! So.. you vote for P6T SE. I should make a poll.

Comment

Take a look at some of the people we have helped in the past. Quite a bit of people have had either of these two motherboards.
                Notice many people (especially with the extreme version) have issues getting above DDR3-1800 because it needs a high QPI Voltage for any BCLK above 180.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT
                Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-23-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X