• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CLD-4GBRM & ASUS P7P55D Deluxe

core i7 860 cpu
    ASUS P7P55D Deluxe mobo
    F3-12800CL8D-4GBRM

This is a new system I'm building. The board has a MEMOK! feature (button). When I try turn on the power it cycles through a "tuning cycle" trying to find "failsafe memory settings", but never finds one & locks up in memory failure mode.

I've tried dual channel, and each of the single sticks in each available single slot (for single sticks), with the same results.

Have never gotten the system to boot so I don't know the bios version (assume 0504, original w/ 0711 being latest & greatest).

Have tried re-seating chips multiple times, but with the MEMOK! feature rebooting multiple times before declaring failures the board seems to see the memory?

Any and all help appreciated.

Do you have or can you borrow a stick or two of RAM to try it, if that works and you can get to the BIOS you can manually input the base settings for your sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Does the memory light stay on? Don't use the automatic tuning utility as that takes forever and doesn't work very well.

Simply set settings as follows:

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
      CPU Ratio Setting - 21.0
      BCLK Frequency - 134
      DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1608MHz

DRAM Voltage - 1.60V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
      CAS Latency - 8
      RAS to CAS Delay - 8
      RAS PRE Time - 8
      RAS ACT Time - 24

DRAM Timing Mode - 1N
      All others can be AUTO

Should have no problems after that, fantastic motherboard.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

GSKILL TECH & Tradesman
        No the light blinks and the system reboots to try new mem settings. Your rigth it does take forever.

SO I guess I'm looking to borrow some RAM from a friend to get started?

Comment

Unplug the power for a couple seconds and simply let it boot into BIOS and enter the settings. Or simply use defaults until it boots up properly, then enter the settings.

What slots do you have them installed in? Should be the two blue ones.

You may need to unplug and power on several times to let it reset. It took me several times to get the motherboard to boot up properly as well. Not sure what that's all about, but it eventually worked.

Let me know how it goes.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 10-23-2009, 10:52 AM.

Comment

GSKILL Tech

I am using the blue mem slots.

After maannnyyy more tries w/ both sticks, each on its own and each singly in a different slot:

I now get a single blink of MEMOK! light, before it goes to steady red. If if push the Bios reset button (or MEMOK! button) the system cycles looking for a Mem setting and then goes back to full red.

Need more help
            Thanks

Comment

Prob a good idea to borrow some sticks just to check...other thoughts, do you have the latest BIOS for your mobo? Have you tried the RAM voltage at 1.65 (yes a biy higher than spec but still well within tolerance levels. DRAM timing mode at 2N? tRFC up to 68 or so?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

GSKILL TECH

The whole point is this is a new build & won't post to BIOS, hangs right at MEM check.

No beeps, etc.

No, I probably don't have the latest BIOS on the board, but I've downloaded it on another, but can't access BIOS.

I'll try to track down some other ram to try, but am very discouraged.

I bought this ram as a NEWEGG combo w/ mobo.

Comment

Send the memory back to NewEgg for new replacements. The new set should be better.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Just thought I'd add a happy ending to this saga.

Turns out both of the mobo blue ram slots had a small piece of plastic flash in them. Very firm pressure dilodged them and all is well.

I'm on my way to loading op systems and drivers, etc.

thanks for all the suggesetions and support.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X