Model of the motherboard: ASUS P6T SE with LATEST bios upgrade
    Model of the memory:F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ ddR3-1600 6gig
    Model of the CPU:Core i7 - 920 D0 Step
    Graphic Card - Single Gigabyte HD4850 512g
    Power Supply - Seasonic SS500GM 500 Watt
    Harddrive - 1 WD Caviar Black 1TD
    DVD Rom - 1 Samsung

What is the problem? Random blue screen Event 41- kernel-power Error

I built this computer about a week ago with everything in AUTO in AI Tweaker section BIOS. I ran MEMTEST86+ 3 passes with no error. CPU temperature is good at around 40 idle and 65 C load.
    Could you tell me what setting I need to do for the RAM to get it stable at 1600? Thanks

my email is sealwolfy@gmail.com or PM here.

You PM replied with the following:

Dear Customer

Please refer to the following guide for BIOS settings:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1271

Let me know what issues you may encounter.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Is that the first post on that Thread? I don't want to OC the CPU, I just want to get the RAM to be stabilized without any BSOD on this motherboard. Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Seal; 10-25-2009, 08:57 AM.

Kernal Power Error is generally a result of an out of date driver or BIOS, it may have to do with running a Vista/XP driver in your Win7 system, or possibly a 32 bit driver instead of a 64, etc.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply. My BIOS is running with the latest firmware. I usually get BSOD while browsing the net with Mozilla Fixfox.
      Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.3) Gecko/20090824 Firefox/3.5.3
      Not sure if this is a 32bit or 64 bit version.

I have the following set and the computer is running fine for over 24 hours without BSOD

AI-Overclock Tuner = Manual
      DRAM freq = DDR3 1333 mhz,
      UCLK Freq = 2666 mhz
      QPI/Dram Core Voltage = 1.25
      Dram Bus Voltage = 1.60

Dram Timing Control
      9 9 9 4

will the above work if I change the DRAM freq to DDR3 1600 mhz? Thanks

Comment

Will probably have to raise the UCLK, and the QPI/DRAM to about 1.5, may also have to raise the tRFC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well it didn't work, I will try raising QPI/DRAM to 1.50. Hmmm Tuning that to 1.50 turn RED in colour. Manual said its danger zone. Isn't that risky?
          Last edited by Seal; 10-20-2009, 07:35 PM.

Comment

You can go there to check for stability and then work your down a bit at a time

Tman

Comment

Try the following settings, let me know how it goes:

Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual
              CPU Ratio Setting - 18
              Intel SpeedStep Tech - Disabled
              BCLK Frequency - 160
              DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1600
              UCLK Frequency - 3200MHz
              QPI Link Data Rate - AUTO

DRAM Timing Control
              CAS Latency - 9
              tRCD - 9
              tRP - 9
              tRAS - 24
              Command Rate - 2N

CPU Voltage - 1.30V
              CPU PLL Voltage - 1.85V
              QPI/DRAM Core Voltage - 1.50V
              IOH Voltage - 1.35V
              IOH PCIE Voltage - 1.6V
              ICH Voltage - 1.20V
              ICH PCIE Voltage - 1.60V
              DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.66V

Load Line Calibration - Disabled

You can lower the voltage later to find the lowest stable, but it will be no problem. Or you can try the XMP Profile. Make sure you have the latest BIOS as well.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Still getting Random BSOD with the above setting. I even did a clean install of Win 7 and got a Bad_Pool_Header BSOD this morning. Got this with bios at DEFAULT means everything in AUTO. Is my motherboard and Gskill ram not compatible? Currently I have set the bios to XMP for DDR1600 setup. I did this before and got BSOD, I thought I tried it again. Do you think 500 watt PSU is enough for this computer? This is getting frustrated. Please help, thanks.

Update: XMP setting get BSOD

Update: Doing memtest+ 4.0 1 stick at a time. Setting sill at XMP with DDR1600 setting. Went thru 6 passes with no error.

Update: Take the stick out and inserting the second one with same XMP setting. I got a Failed overclocking error at start up. I press F1 to go into bios and set IE Tweaking everything to auto. It past the bios and started Memtest. At the moment it gone thru 3 passes with 0 error.

Update: The third stick failed right at start but ran thru 3 passes.
                http://img27.yfrog.com/i/memtest003.jpg/

Not sure about the second stick with Failed overclocking error at startup. Should I do a RMA with where I bought the rams from? its within 30 days. Should I return the second one as well?

Update: I replace the 2 sticks that were good with memtest and see it is stable or not.
                Last edited by Seal; 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM.

Comment

i7- 950 -- ASUS p6t -- G.SKILL 6GB F3-12800cl9t-6gbnq

I used XMT with a slightly decreased Dram Bus Voltage 1.60 and slightly increased QPI/DRAMM voltage 1.375, with command 2t and also disabled both Load Line Calibration and Intel SpeedStep. Ci7 memory control is not for the faint of heart. That works for me.

Comment

Problem Solved

One stick of ram were DOA. Got the package replaced and its been 2 weeks now without any problem. Getting BSOD is very frustrating, luckly I did the memtest 1 stick at a time.
                    Last edited by Seal; 11-07-2009, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X