Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSI P55-GD80 and F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD (2 sets?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSI P55-GD80 and F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD (2 sets?)

Motherboard: MSI P55-GD80

memory - G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2000 (PC3 16000) Desktop Memory Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD

Processor - Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W

I'm thinking about putting together this build.

My question is can it run a total of 4 sticks (2 sets) and if it does, is it better to buy them at the same time from hopefully the same lot. Also, what would be the BIOS settings.

G Skill rules

I've had a 4 GB set blazing now for 2.5 years in my current build without a 1 second blink once I got my timings set. Incredibly stable memory.

Should work okay, may take some adjusting of timings. Don't count on using the OC Genie Genie on the board w/ four sticks though...they suggest 2 and I've seen where people have had problems w/ 4 sticks.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

4 sticks will not fare well especially at 2000 speed. That processor may limit you as well. You will need to raise the IMC voltage and start from 1600 to see how high it will allow you to go without too much overvoltage.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi,

I have a follow-up question.

I did purchase the following:

F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD and the MSI P55 GD80 motherboard but for the processor I purchased the i7 860 CPU.

With this processor, will it run two sets of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD in all four slots at 2000Mhz?

One set is running fine at 2000 Mhz from the XMP BIOS setting 9-9-9-27 2T at 1.65v

Will the second set also run in the configuration at 2000?

Comment

Does anyone know? Yes, no?

This board MSI P55 GD80 has been tested extensively and has been one of the P55 boards of the year. I really need to know if the Trident 2000 Mhz can hold it's own at 8GB loaded.

FYI, I'm also posting this query on the MSI site about 8GB running on 2000 Mhz and one poster said that with the GD P55 GD 80 and the 8GB of Trident memory his BIOS (1.5, newest) is only showing 4GB loaded. So this is a significant question on a highly rated board with a highly rated memory which is going to have future proof issues going forward for both board and memory. I would think some testing would be in order.
          Last edited by scrump6525; 12-23-2009, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Can I get help with this question?

Comment

Yep, should have no issues with this motherboard and CPU. You puchased the correct hardware for your goal. =)

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I just wanted to let anyone know that the Trident F3-1600CLD9-4GBTD X 2 sets for 8GB total with an i860 processor and the MSI P55-GD80 board runs stable thus far at 2000 mhz.

With green power enabled it only pulls the speed on the processor needed up to the XMP 2000mhz setting that Automatically overclocks the CPU up to 3.48 when needed but the memory stays solid at 2000. CPU idles about 34 degrees powered down and around 42 degrees powered up. And that's with an Arctic Freezer Pro cooler. I had to do some modding of the fan attachment to get room for the 1st memory slot but it only took 5 minutes.

Amazingly fast and stable but also cool.

Comment

I have a msi p55-gd85, intel 860, one 2x2gb set of the older 2000mhz trident ram (think it ends in 4gbtd) and one 2x2gb set of the newer 2000mhz trident ram (think it's ends in 4gbtdd).

I'm having bsod problems. Im running at stock processor speed and 2000mhz on the ram. Running only my old set is very stable. I had been running with the bios cpu voltages vcore and vtt set to auto. Speed fan reported them at 1.4 and 1.4. All memory settings are manually entered for speeds and timings. Ram voltage is set to 1.65.

What should I try to make it stable?

Comment

Try the other kit to make sure it can work fine by itself.

Post pictures of BIOS so I can see if anything is set incorrectly. It is possible that the two kits will not work well together.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X