Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hooo, new firmware coming ! short questions..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooo, new firmware coming ! short questions..

While my falcon SSD is still performing 100% under windows 7 , It's great to see that the Gskill boys got something cooking and almost ready

Question for gskill,: jumperless upgrade or we still need the jumper ?

any risk of loosing data ?

and THE question for those on raid : will raid be supported ?

keep on going , guys..

Yes give me CG firmware with jumper so it cleans my drive so i can raid them again and image back my OS. So all in one hit Cleaned SSD with performance back and now with GC FW for my raid 0

Comment

http://www.anandtech.com/storage/sho...spx?i=3631&p=1

You no longer need to use a jumper to upgrade your firmware, provided that you?re already running fw revision 1275 or later. If you have a previous version you?re pretty much out of luck as you need to upgrade to 1275 first before upgrading to anything else, and none of the manufacturers make it easy to do. Some don?t even offer links to the necessary firmware you?d need to jump to 1275. Thankfully pretty much anything you buy today should come nearly up to date, so this mostly impacts the original customers of the drive.

Comment

then since we have 1271 installed , we're pretty much out of luck on this one... unless Gskill have a magic wand and have a trick up their sleeves
        Last edited by sirius69; 10-21-2009, 05:10 PM.

Comment

But we're at version 1571 right now.

Comment

oops thanks for ringing my bell... I need new glasses I guess...

true enough my SSD is at 1571 ... I won't edit my post to look less stupid, that would make your post irrelevant

so that should be a jumperless upgrade then , good...

Comment

Very happy day. Can not wait ...

Finally, it comes. I will stay to support G.Skill. Their products is more than economics.

Comment

i want destructive flash to clean my drives might try sanitary erase from ocz. I'll look it up to see if possible.

Comment

before formatting with win 7 ( which align the partition when formatting) just use diskpart to clean the drive. This is what I've done when moving from Fista to win 7.

Comment

using diskpart isnt quite the same as actually erasing the ssd though.

Comment

but there is a CLEAN command in diskpart no ? I red somewhere that it write 0

Comment

c'mon G.Skill can you please get on the ball and release things in a timely matter...I will never, ever buy another G.Skill product if this continues...I'd rather pay more money and get quality service...this is ridiculous...no new firmware since June??...meanwhile OCZ and SuperTalent have been releasing many new beta and final versions of firmware

Comment

Originally posted by sirius69 View Post
                          but there is a CLEAN command in diskpart no ? I red somewhere that it write 0
                          Writing zeros is not the same as physically erasing a SSD cell. Writing zeros means the cell contains a zero and will need to be erased before it is written to again with different data (slower) vs a BLANK cell that can just immediately be written to when you want to write data. (Flash cells MUST be ERASED every time they are re-written, they cannot just be over-written just a HDD)

Comment

Working...
                          X