X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P5KC and DDR3 2000Mhz PC16000 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4GBRH

I would like to purchase these modules

DDR3 2000Mhz PC16000 4GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4GBRH

(by the way whats the difference with the trident ones ?)

I know my motherboard P5KC supports up to 1333mhz speed,but I m thinkin to buy the

2000mhz to be future proof in an event of an upgrade to i7,I would therefore be sure that

they are compatible with my motherboard before spending 100€(thats what the 4GB kit costs

over here)

On the comaptibility g.skill page there isnt a single module tested on the Asus P5K-C P5KC

Can anybody help me ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Q6600 2.4Ghz@ 3Ghz front side bus 420.8/1682mhz

Motherboard: Asus P5KC 2 DDR2 slot and 2 DDR3 memory slots.
    Last edited by coreduos; 10-16-2009, 12:54 PM.

The specs are the same between the RipJaws 2000 Trident 2000, but the heatsink and IC chips are different. Both are great memory packages. Depending on whether you're looking to upgrade to a X58 or P55 platform, the memory package would be different. P55 takes dual channel while X58 takes triple channel.

Either set will be fine, overclock to 1600 FSB to operate DDR3-1600 for now, then when you upgrade to P55 with an i7 860 CPU, you can use the memory for DDR3-2000.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Fact is this motherboard is an Asus PK5C P35 775 MOTHERBOARD with an intel Quad core q6600 and I wanted to be sure they could be compatible with it,even if i had to run the modules at just 1333mhz and hopefully with a lower cas then the 2000mhz 9....
      On the compatibility url check there isnt a single module tested with my motherboard,after all this is a motherboard that did sell a lot,can u test em ?

CPU Q6600 2.4Ghz@ 3Ghz front side bus 420.8/1682mhz

Motherboard: Asus P5KC 2 DDR2 slot and 2 DDR3 memory slots.

Comment

Should make for an interesting combination, think you'd prob be able to go CL7 @1333, but be prepared to get down and dirty w/ the advanced timings and voltages. It'll prob take some tweaking w/ the P35 chipset

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Simply because they are not on the compatibility list does not mean they are not compatible. They are compatible and no it wasn't a very popular board which is why there isn't much information on them.

Like I said, DDR3-1333, 1600 CL7 should not be an issue.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Damn out of stock today's morning on the place where i had to buy em from !

Any good reseller in Rome u can advice me ?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Simply because they are not on the compatibility list does not mean they are not compatible. They are compatible and no it wasn't a very popular board which is why there isn't much information on them.

Like I said, DDR3-1333, 1600 CL7 should not be an issue.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT
              Hopefully they ll come back in stock on november 3.

But based on what you do say they are compatible,since shortly this motherboard is very picky regarding rams,I wouldnt want to end up in a week testing pullin my hairs and finding out it couldnt even run to 1333,thats why I came here asking.

Comment

Should have no problem...if so let us know

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I should spend 100? - 150$ thats why I came here asking a should isnt that helpful,the store wont for sure refund me if modules work but in someway my motherboard is not compatible....

Comment

SHould be no problem, as we said earlier, but to give you a little better idea on how RAM will work with mobos like we've suggested, you might take a look here at ehume's thread, we've been going around with different speeds and timings

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=2440

Tman

Comment

I did ordered the ripjacks 2000mhz i do really hope they ll work fine on my Asus P5KC as advised here else I would have spent 100?/150$ for nothing.

Comment

Well you said it is for the future when you purchase a P55 i7. This memory package will work, but you will probably need to run it at DDR3-1600 with CL6/7 timings since your processor will have a hard time reaching 2000 FSB. It can't possibly be a bad situation, as far as wasting money and getting stuck with memory you don't need.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ok 2 modules installed i cant pass 1130mhz and they are supposed to reach 1333 at least any table i can check to start testing manual settings ?

Comment

Try setting speed to 1333, command rate to 2T or 2N depending on BIOS, manually set your base timings to 7-7-7-24, DRAM voltage to 1.6 and tRFC to 64 and give it a try. If good or bad let us know and if you can post your BIOS settings and we'll see if it can be tightened up more or see what else needs to be changed

Tman

Comment

These are the settings m @.If i try higher settings pc doesnt boot,from 1130 next settings are 1254 then 1397 etcetc based on moberboard settings.Is there a way i can grab the bios settings ? So i can show em off here ?
                              Last edited by coreduos; 11-08-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X