Recommendations for Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for Asus M4A785TD-V EVO

I purchased F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK for my Asus M4A785TD-V EVO motherboard and had nothing but problems. Blue screens on auto settings. Didn't realize it wasn't on Asus's list of approved memory.

Can someone recommend memory for this board?

Looking at F3-10666CL9D-4GBPK which is approved memory for this board. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Any of the following should work great.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2%20x%202GB%29

The RipJaws series is our new technology so you will be very satisfied. Otherwise either of the other two are proven on this motherboard as well so you should have no issues.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Ended up returning the F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK and just received the F3-10666CL9D-4GBPK.

Dropped them in and everything looked fine and then received a blue screen memory dump error.

Everything was set to auto and I reset the CMOS before installing the sticks.

Any ideas?

Comment

Did you configure the memory settings? AUTO settings won't work properly.
        Or you can try the XMP Profile.

Memory Frequency - 1333
        Memory Timings - tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
        Memory Voltage - 1.6V

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
          Did you configure the memory settings? AUTO settings won't work properly.
          Or you can try the XMP Profile.

Memory Frequency - 1333
          Memory Timings - tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2
          Memory Voltage - 1.6V

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT
          No, I only used the AUTO settings. The auto does set it to 9-9-9-24 and 1.6V. Any idea why AUTO doesn't work?

I don't see a way to change the command rate. It looks like it's set to 1T, not 2T. Does that make a difference.

Thanks.
          Last edited by 026TB4U; 10-21-2009, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Post up some screen shots and I'll see if you are missing anything. 1T 2T could make a difference, you should be able to change it.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

What screenshot would you like? CPU-Z?

It seems to be crashing when I use my USB wireless adapter. I'm also geting video distortion.

I think I may have a flaky board.

I ran Memtest for 10 hours with no errors.

Also, from what I can tell, there is no option to change the command rate in the bios.

Comment

Believe they are refering to screens shots of your BIOS setup

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes, a picture of the BIOS. If you simply changed the settings I listed you should have absolutely no issues especially at DDR3-1333. May be the motherboard as you stated that needs a replacement. What type of issues are you having after the BIOS changes?

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X