Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Build

Hi all,

Trying to help out a friend, if you could tell the setting in bios for this build below thanks.

Specs

intel core 2 Duo E8500 3.16 ghz 1333 fsb socket 775

Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3LR mb socket 775 1600 fsb 4 x DIMM DDR3

G Skill Ripjaw F3- 16000 CL9D-4GBRH 2x2GB

Sapphire Radeon HD 4850 X2 Video Card Radeon HD 4850, 2048,DDR3 etc

1.5 tb SATA harddrive

OCZ 900 watt power supply

I have the system running with bios set as per a previous post from someone with a smilier set up and now have it running error free with memtest but only with one 2g stick, wont even boot with 2nd stick. both dimms have been back to supplier and tested ok.

Sure it a timing issue just need some help.

Many Thanks

Wayne

First, do you have the latest BIOS? F6b, 3/9/09 or at least the F5, both can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...2955#anchor_os

You'll want timings at 9-9-9-27, Command Rate 2T, voltage at 1.65, Speed at 2000.

You'll want to check your tRFC and will prob want about 64 there.

If problems at 2000, you can try raising the voltage on the NB, it would also help to OC the CPU (the 8500 is a great OCer)

Any problems, get back to us.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yhanks Tradesman,

not sure about BIOS but mb is only 4-5 weeks old have set timing to 9-9-9-27 cCommand rate to 2 no T in the list the voltage is set to 1.64 as next one is 1.66 could fine where to set speed at 2000 running memtest at the moment with both sticks at least it now boots.
      Just checked has locked up at 36% with 33 errors running memtest and BTW both dimm are in slots 2-4
      Many thanks for your help
      Wayne

Comment

Might want to try the Beta BIOS mentioned, set voltage to 1.66, put sticks in slots 1-3, try tRFC at 64. Did you raise the NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Will do on the above and could not find the NB voltage is that the same as MCH if so what voltage should i increase it to.
          and not keen on flashing BIOS as its not my mb
          Thanks
          Wayne

Comment

MCH Core is NB Voltage on this motherboard. What is your FSB or CPU Host Frequency? NB Frequency must be 2000Mhz in order to operate the memory at DDR3-2000. If you could, please post pictures of your BIOS and that would make it much easier for us to help you overclock and configure BIOS settings properly. Otherwise it can get real messy especially if you are not experienced with overclocking.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Hi all,
              Have increased MCH to 1.1v and shifted dimm to 1-3 slots
              To upload photos do i need to join a photo share website or
              can i email to you?

CPU host frquency is 3.33Ghz 333x10
              Memory 1333mhz
              I am not to concerned with OCing just want to get it stabe and back to it owner the memory dosen't need to going flat out he not into gaming.
              Thanks
              Wayne

Comment

Try this for Photos

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43589137@N08/

Cheers
                Wayne

Comment

What memory speed are you trying to attain? You understand you will have to max CPU at 500 CPU Host Frequency to operate DDR3-2000...right?

I'll give you a head start.. but you will need to do some trial and error to find the sweet spot for voltages.

CPU Clock Ratio - 9 X

CPU Host Frequency - 400

Advanced Timing Control

tRRD - 4
                  tWR - 10
                  tRFC - 80
                  tRTP - 5

CPU VCore - 1.350V
                  CPU PLL - 1.70V
                  MCH Core - 1.20V
                  DRAM Voltage - 1.66V

Save and exit, hopefully you will fly away to Windows.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks for that, will report back I understand re DDR3-2000 i dont need to run CPU that hard just want it to run at what ever mb is designed to and stable.
                    Cheers
                    Wayne

Comment

Hi all,

Have made settings as above re GSKILL TECH all booted to windows ok but when i run memtest locks up at test 5 with 2 errors showing, what tweeking do i need to do. Note i have no experance in OCing.
                      Cheers
                      Wayne

Comment

Can you post screen shots of your BIOS so we can see what you have entered and what you may need to change?

Try the same settings but CPU Clock Ratio 8 X. That may be a little easier on the processor without needing to fine tune.

Thank you
                        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Have changed CPU Clock Ratio to 8
                          Photo attached
                          still failing memtest at test 5 can we take it back would be happy just to get running correctly with the 4gb ram

thanks
                          Wayne

Comment

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43589137@N08/?saved=1
                            Try this for the photos

Comment

Try testing each stick individually. You must overclock the processor in order to operate above 1333, which is why you must have the processor stable as well before running the memory. If you could, please take pictures of the processor settings as well. You may not have that set correctly thus causing you instability.

Thank you
                              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                              X