Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH on ASUS P5P43TD Pro

Dear to whom it may concern:

Looking for some help in setting up F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH on the ASUS P5P43TD Pro motherboard running Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.83ghz. I have two kits for a total of 8gb running on the motherboard in dual channel interleaved mode. The BIOS detects the memory at 9-9-9-24 (while at these automatic settings everything runs fine). Whenever I go in and manually set the timing to 7-7-7-21 as per GSkill's specifications and apply the changes the system freezes while booting up usually at/before RAID controller initialization screen. I am only able to fix the issue by clearing BIOS completely (using jumpers) and starting over. What is disappointing is that the low latency of the memory was one of the primary reasons why these modules were picked over the others.

I guess, I am looking for help with some settings or voltage suggestions? The bios does have an extended amount of timing settings that can be adjusted. One thing that I was unable to find though is the Command Rate setting, it appears to be missing?

Thank you in advance,
    -Sov13t.

If your running 8 GB check your tRFC depending on how they have it, you'll want 195ish if it's in 'ns' else prob around 84. Also be sure command rate is 2T and you have the proper voltage for the RAM
    Last edited by Tradesman; 10-12-2009, 05:31 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your swift response.

I have attempted setting the following things (remember both CPU and Memory should run in 1:1 (synchronous)):

Ai Overclock Tuner: Manual
      FSB Strap to North Bridge: 333mhz
      DRAM Frequency: DDR3 - 1333mhz

DRAM Timing Control: Manual
      1st Information: 9-9-9-24-4-74-10-5 (THIS IS WHAT BIOS WRITES IN STATIC TEXT)
      CAS# Latency: 7 DRAM Clocks
      DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay: 7 DRAM Clocks
      DRAM RAS# Precharge: 7 DRAM Clocks
      DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge: 21 DRAM Clocks
      RAS# to RAS# Delay: Auto
      Row Refresh Cycle Time: 82 DRAM Clocks [notice I do not have 84]
      Write Recovery Time: Auto
      Read to Precharge Time: Auto
      2nd Information: 10-5-7-4-9-4-7 (THIS IS WHAT BIOS WRITES IN STATIC TEXT)
      READ to WRITE Delay (S/D): Auto
      Write to Read Delay(S): Auto
      WRITE to READ Delay(D): Auto
      READ to READ Delay(S): Auto
      READ to READ Delay(D): Auto
      WRITE to WRITE Delay(S): Auto
      WRITE to WRITE Delay(D): Auto
      3rd Information: 21-7-1-10-10 (THIS IS WHAT BIOS WRITES IN STATIC TEXT)
      WRITE to PRE Delay: Auto
      READ to PRE Delay: Auto
      PRE to PRE Delay: Auto
      ALL PRE to ACT Delay: Auto
      ALL PRE to REF Delay: Auto
      -----------NOTICE I DO NOT HAVE COMMAND RATE SETTING -----------

DREAM Static Read Control: Auto
      DRAM Dynamic Write Control: Auto
      DRAM Read Training: Auto
      DRAM Write Training: Auto
      MEM. OC Charger: Auto
      Ai Clock Twister: Auto
      Ai Transaction Booster: Auto

Memory Over Voltage: 1.5000 [this is the only Memory related voltage setting I have... this BIOS is pretty weird]

The above settings did the same... black screen after POST.

I apologize for a bunch of settings but I really want to describe the whole picture and make this troubleshooting process as short as possible. I appreciate your time and help.

Thank you,
      -Sov13t.
      Last edited by Sov13t; 10-12-2009, 06:17 PM.

Comment

May have to relax timings to 8-8-8-24 or increase voltage to NB

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Why do you say that?

What is the weak point? the modules?

Thanks,
          -Sov13t.

Comment

Try increasing the memory voltage to 1.60V to see if that will help. You may also want to overclock the FSB slightly to ie. 1600 instead of default 1333, the motherboard may be more comfortable with that.

Please keep us posted on the results and we will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It appears to be a voltage issue... I can run any 3 sticks at one time at 7-7-7-21 timings with no problem while the moment I put in 4 sticks I get problems

I have shuffled sticks around to make sure it wasn't a single module that was defective... I am not sure how to get out of this situation. What is the highest memory voltage I can bump these modules to without getting into trouble? 1.6v didn't help.

Thanks,
              -Sov13t.

Comment

Did you increase NB Voltage to 1.40V? 4 sticks will definitely need that. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

The highest NB can go to is 1.25v. Setting it at that value didn't seem to help

I have also tried running it using a different PSU. Same results.

Running everything at Auto and letting the memory run at 9-9-9-24 generates errors under stress test of the machine. Starting to lose hope

Not sure what it could be... I have some concern with Ai Twister and Ai Transaction Booster settings... will play with those... but otherwise open to any and all suggestions!

Thank you!
                  Last edited by Sov13t; 10-14-2009, 10:48 AM.

Comment

That's going to be a problem running 8GB then. Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

So nobody solved this issue? Because I have the Asus P5P43TD USB3 motherboard and i'm having the same issue. There is no command rate setting in BIOS although in the user manual it shows a screenshot showing that command rate is an option, which leaves me to be confused.

I am having lag/crash/blue screen of death errors with my new ram kit F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231402

Looking at a 2 year old thread without the problem solved gives me worries

Comment

Originally posted by Sov13t View Post
                        Dear to whom it may concern:

Looking for some help in setting up F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH on the ASUS P5P43TD Pro motherboard running Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2.83ghz. I have two kits for a total of 8gb running on the motherboard in dual channel interleaved mode. The BIOS detects the memory at 9-9-9-24 (while at these automatic settings everything runs fine). Whenever I go in and manually set the timing to 7-7-7-21 as per GSkill's specifications and apply the changes the system freezes while booting up usually at/before RAID controller initialization screen. I am only able to fix the issue by clearing BIOS completely (using jumpers) and starting over. What is disappointing is that the low latency of the memory was one of the primary reasons why these modules were picked over the others.

I guess, I am looking for help with some settings or voltage suggestions? The bios does have an extended amount of timing settings that can be adjusted. One thing that I was unable to find though is the Command Rate setting, it appears to be missing?

Thank you in advance,
                        -Sov13t.
                        Dear Soviet, I have figured out how to fix the issue. See my thread here:

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=9420

Sure, anyone who has an ASUS P5P43TD / USB3.0 Motherboard please observe the following:

The RAM that I upgraded to is Gskill 8GB DDR3 1333 Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH with advertised timings of 7-7-7-21 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231402

In order to make this work, you will have to go to your BIOS, and use the following settings:

Under the AI Tweaker tab,
                        since my processor runs its FSB at 1333Mhz, also my RAM does as well:
                        AI Overclock Tuner ---- Manual
                        FSB Frequency ---- 333
                        FSB Strap to North Bridge ---- 333 MHz
                        DRAM Frequency ---- DDR3 - 1333 MHz

Now set the RAM timings according to your module. Mine reads 7-7-7-21
                        DRAM Timing Control ---- Manual
                        CAS# Latency ---- 7 DRAM Clocks
                        DRAM RAS# to CAS# Delay ----7 DRAM Clocks
                        DRAM RAS# Precharge ---- 7 DRAM Clocks
                        DRAM RAS# Activate to Precharge ---- 21 DRAM Clocks
                        Row Refresh Cycle Time ---- Set this to 88 DRAM Clocks, it is a stable setting for DDR3 RAM

Please set the following tabs to [Disabled]:
                        DRAM Static Read Control
                        DRAM Dynamic Write Control
                        DRAM Read Training
                        DRAM Write Training
                        CPU Spread Spectrum
                        PCIE Spread Spectrum

Set: MEM. OC Charger to Enabled
                        AI Clock Twister to Light

Set Memory Over Voltage to your module's advertised voltage, mine is 1.5V so i set it at that.
                        SET VTT Over Voltage to 1.35000V

And that should fix your RAM compatibility issues with the ASUS P5P43TD socket 775 motherboard.

Source: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/fo...-OCZ3X13334GK&

any questions, contact me at freakinaryan10@hotmail.com

late

chench
                        Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66ghz CPU
                        Asus P5P43Td/USB3.0 Motherboard. Bios version 405
                        Geforce GTX 460 SE GPU
                        G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
                        Windows 7 64bit

Latest BIOS/Video drivers/Windows updates
                        Last edited by biologikAA; 10-15-2011, 03:49 AM.

Comment

This may provide help to members that have the P5P43TD / USB3.0, and may help with the P5P43TD Pro, which is the mobo used by Sov13t, which is a different mobo and BIOS

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X