• Show
Clear All

• asus M4A79XTD-EVO + 1866 ram

Last week a gskill tech sent me these settings :

Ai Overclock Tuner - Manual

HT Voltage - 1.30V
    DRAM Frequency - DDR3-1800 or DDR3-1866
    DRAM Voltage - 1.65V

DRAM Timing/Driving Configuration (submenu)
    DRAM Command Rate - 2T
    tCL - 9
    tRCD - 9
    tRP - 9
    tRAS - 27
    Everything else can be AUTO.

I'm using 4gb F3-15000CL9D-4GBRH "ripjaws" with timing 9-9-9-24, My system:

AMD Phenom II x4 965 @ 3.4 ghz
    asus M4A79XTD-EVO mother board
    4gb F3-15000CL9D-4GBRH

My issues:

Dram frequency only goes up to 1600 max ( the board is supposed to do 1800+ O.C.).
    Dram Voltage goes only between : 1.64 or 1.66 ( i tried to manually change but jumped back to 1.66)... I updated to the lasted bios for the board (604) can any one help me to input the correct settings since the above cannot be inputed into the bios...what I'm I doing wrong?

Thank you kindly ...

Couple of things to start. Mobo specs call for up to 1800 w/ RAM, and as an OC, so to start getting up to rated speed will be extremely tough. RAM is designed specifically to work w/ P55 mobos, though it should 'work' on an AMD rig.

That being said, w/ the stock timings, voltage (1.66 is fine), and command rate you have in there, I'd try at 1600, up the HT voltage to 1.4 and put a slight OC on the CPU and raise the CPU voltage a tick or two. If that works you could try increasing the RAM speeds a bit at a time while maintaining stability. If not, try raising the tRFC which should be about 127ns or 64 (depending on how it's input) to 190ish ns or about 72.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your reply. I'm a novice...I have the stock fan on the cpu, can I still OC the cpu? I got the ram cause the online retailer claimed it would work on AMD/AM3 boards. I need guidance to OC the cpu, I am afraid to ruin anything. I thinking it might be easier to exchange the ram to a set thats rated for 1600??

Comment

This should run fine, especially at 1600, once set up and stable you can probably tighten the timings, maybe down to 8-8-8-24 or even better and if 1600 is OK you should be able to get by w/o the OC. Try getting it running and we can look to OC later.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank so much for your help, I will post the results

Comment

Look forward to it

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X