Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 sets of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD on ASUS P55 board

Hi

I have a single set of F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD (4GB) running fine on ASUS P7P55D motherboard (currently at 1800). I'm considering doubling the memory soon.

Has anybody successfully tried 8GB on P7P55D? Will that work, and what settings I need to change in the BIOS?

Thanks
    Ivo

Depends, if this is the straight P7P55D or the LE might be iffy, the Pro and Evo are probably and the best bets would be the Premium or Deluxe

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

It is the straight P7P55D, not LE/Pro/etc:
      http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131404
      What extra capabilities do the Pro/Premium have to make it work? More options? More stable voltage? Better build quality?

BTW, I don't have a problem with underclocking the memory a bit if I have to.
      Last edited by Ivo; 10-10-2009, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Combination of things, as with most ASUS boards they have a low end and work their way up, generally at the top they some slightly better components with higher tolerance levels, also the BIOS is more highly developed and more time is spent on it. You'll probably not really have a problem getting 8GB to 'run' on the board, albit probably at lower speeds 1333, 1600, 1800, getting all to run at 2000 might pose a problem even with the timings loosened up.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Should not have an issue. Worse comes to worst is downgrading speed, but that is a solid motherboard that should not have any issues. IMC Voltage will need to be raised to 1.40V, otherwise let us know if you encounter any issues.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
          X