Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P and G.skill F312800CL9D-4GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P and G.skill F312800CL9D-4GBNQ

I put together this computer last week and as of right now I have had zero problems with it. My only concern is running my RAM at it's full potential which is rated at 1600 with timings of 9-9-9-24. I have an AMD Phenom II X3 running on 3 cores at 3.1gHz on default voltages with only the multiplier being upped to 15.5. I changed the RAM's frequency to 1600mHz, which ran stable for about an hour, then I received 2 BSOD, once during World of Warcraft when I alt tabbed, and another in Photoshop when installing it and clicking "Restart Now" after installation completed. Here are some pictures from CPU-Z and ET6. If you need more information, specifically from the BIOS, just let me know! Thank you guys very much!

Parts list:

Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P AM3
    AMD Phenom II X3 720 BE (3.1gHz) [3 cores]
    2x2gb G.skill DD3-1600 PC3-12800 CL9-9-9-24 1.5~1.6v
    Antec HE 550w Power Supply
    BEF GeForce 9800GTX+ OC 512mb DDR3

I'd try raising the vCore (CPU Voltage) a bit - will help on your slight OC and give the MC a little extra boost

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Voltage should be set to what you think? 1.4? Also, I really would like to bring down my timings and operates the ram at it's full potential. Any help there would be much appreciated!

Comment

You'll need to get it stable first and then can try tightening the timing, I'd give the 1.4 a try

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Everything has been running very stable, from gaming, encoding and everything else. I haven't had a single crash and everything runs excellently. I'm just wondering what I should be setting my memory timings and such to, they're rated for 1600mHz 9-9-9-24. Any help would be greatly appreciated, G.skill.

Comment

You'll want 9-9-9-24 (or 25), voltage at 1.8, speed at 1600 and will need to change the Command Rate t 2T

Tman

Comment

1.8v? Is it safe to run the RAM on a higher voltage than the recommended? On the box it says 1.5~1.6v.

Comment

Memory Voltage should be fine at 1.70V. Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Have to check, might be mistaken but believe 1 stick is rate 1.5-1.6 but in 2x2 range is 1.5-1.8, anyway that's what they had at the Gskill site and at NewEgg

Tman

Comment

Yep, there were cases where they needed 1.8V which is why it states 1.5V-1.8V but typically they should operate between 1.6V-1.7V.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                    X