Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS Settings for ASUS M4A78T-E

Hello and thank you for any/all help.

I have a new build and am experiencing instability issues.
    Here is a list of my components:
    (Motherboard) - ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD

(CPU) - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core

(RAM) - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

(Power Supply)OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC

The basic run down is that I am experiencing random crashes.
    I have eliminated 1 stick of ram and have determined that it is faulty. This is due to the fact that if I boot with only this stick I crash before Win7 even loads, but if I boot with the other stick, I will load the OS but then experience random crashes (sometimes 1 min, sometimes 3 hours in). I also ram 'extended' Memory test for 11 cycles (took about 3 hours) with no errors on the 'good' stick.

I believe my issue is within the timing/voltage.
    Everything was on 'Auto' in the ASUS BIOS which I am finding mean nothing!
    I forced the timing to 9-9-9-24 @ 1.66V per the specs online (the ram itself states 1.5V, not sure why they are different). I am still experiencing crashes.

I even replaced Power Supplies with the same result in crashes.

Last night as a kind of last ditch effort I adjusted ALL of the mobo voltages that I could to the values that they SHOULD have been at using the 'Auto' and I SEEM to be stable. I did not have a crash last night, but at one point I ran my system for 3 days (on and off) with minimal crashing that I chalked up to Win7. But these issues happened even on a XP partition and I have 3 friends running the EXACT same build of Win7 with no crashes, so I do not believe this is an OS issue.

I just need to know what settings I should be at.

I do have an RMA to newegg for the RAM since I have a bad stick. I ordered different RAM that has better timing in hopes it will be better(G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH ).

At this point if I can get everything stable with this one stick of RAM, I can eliminate the MOBO and CPU as being defective.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Thank you for your help.

(Motherboard) - ASUS M4A78T-E AM3 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD
    (CPU) - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core
    (RAM) - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    (Power Supply)OCZ ModXStream Pro OCZ700MXSP 700W ATX12V V2.2 / EPS12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC

Am I missing something?

Any questions or concerns?
    Do I need to post more info?

I am running a HD 4870 video card and am not trying to OC at this point.
    Also, I am currently using the 2105 BIOS rev (most recent).

Comment

Might initially try raising RAM voltage a bit, not all mobos correctly read the voltage and/or increase voltage to CPU to give the MC a little extra boost

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you have the G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH now? You may have issues operating CL7, so you will need to operate at CL8. Memory Voltage is fine at 1.66V. Make sure timings are all set correctly as well. Please keep us posted on the results and we will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
        X