• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB(4x2GB) F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ on a Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2

Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2
    RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ ; 8GB (4x2GB)
    CPU: Core i5 750 2.66gHz
    PSU: Corsair 750W

I need a complete BIOS configuration listed out for me, as I cannot make all 8GB stay in my system without getting random freezes and crashes. Having only 4GB in the system gives no problems at all.

I just need standard, safe settings. Nothing too fancy. ^_^ Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by andrewc513; 10-12-2009, 05:38 PM.

Biggest thing will be to raise the tRFC up a notch if it's shown in ns - it's prob around 127, raise it a level...or if it's straight, around 64 or so, raise it to around 84.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well I'm a bit new still with manually setting this stuff. Thanks for the response. I think I need a complete list of BIOS configs though, because that suggestion was over my head...

...help?
      Last edited by andrewc513; 10-08-2009, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Sorry, I'm the kind that really hates to bump, but I'm lost. G.skill tech support email is not giving any responses, so I'm at a road block...

Comment

Well, Gskill should be back in Monday AM, in the meantime I'll see if I can put together a template for you , or maybe 4x64 or Genetix, or someone out there already has one made up for this combo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate everything, no matter how pushy I know I probably sound. Just irked by my build not being right.. :P

One other thing: I've had a few freezes with running 4GB as well. This may be unrelated, but could having the HPET enabled cause this freezing? It is currently set for x64 mode and I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate RTM x64. Would disabling it possibly stop my freezing/lockup issues??

Comment

HPET is relatively new and causes instability in some mobos, many makers are working on tuning it...I for one see no need for it

Tman

Comment

I guess while I wait on G.Skill, I thought I'd look around for a few more possibilities. Could the freezing be a result of C-states being enabled? To underclock the CPU on idle, it has to dynamically change the voltage right? Is this often a common problem?

PS: Here is a report of my current settings from EasyTune. Currently running defaults for everything at 1333.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Z4BC0XCU
                Last edited by andrewc513; 10-12-2009, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Try raising QPI/VTT Voltage to 1.30V. In Channel A Timing Settings, there is a make sure all timings are set correctly...

tCL 9
                  tRCD 9
                  tRP 9
                  tRAS 24
                  tRFC 88
                  Command Rate 2

Everything else should be fine on AUTO. Let me know the results and I will be able to further assist you.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

My QPI voltages go from 1.29 to 1.31. Which should I set it at?

Comment

You can start with 1.31, if that does work, then you can try dropping to 1.29, if it remains stable then stay with that...the lower the voltage the better without compromising stability

Tman

Comment

Ok, thanks, great advice! Hopefully I can go a whole 72 hours without a freeze, I'd call it done and stable at that point.. Right now I can't go but for half a day.

Comment

Day 2 and no freezes! It's lookin good so far guys! Thanks SO much!!!! ^_^

Comment

Crap... finally a freeze on Day 3. So, I bumped it up to 1.31V.

Is this normal? I mean, is 1.31 just to keep from freezing an out-of-the-norm voltage for my setup?

Any other tips on what may be going on? I've ruled out any possibilities of drivers, other bad parts, etc. through some tiresome diagnosing/tests/RMAs. It seems to not freeze at any indicitave time either, it's freezed doing everything... Idle, browsing, gaming, Photoshopping, running virtual machines... it will freeze with no pattern whatsoever. Nothing at all shows up in the event logs either...

Comment

Is it good now at 1.31? If so, you may want to tap up your vCore...just a tad, and all(hopefully )will remain stable....if not I have some other ideas

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X