Rip Jaws DDR3 1600 for Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Jaws DDR3 1600 for Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P

Memory is running at 1333, but would like to maximize to 1600. Can you post bios setting for the following motherboard and CPU:

Gigabyte GA-MA770OT-UD3P
    AMD Phenom II X3 2.8Ghz (black edition)
    DDR3 1600 Rip Jaws (F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL)
    600w PSU
    Windows XP Pro

Thanks.
    Last edited by swimmerpc; 10-05-2009, 05:57 PM.

ACC EC FIrmware Selection= Normal
    ACC = Auto
    CPU Clock Ratio = x18
    CPU Northbridge Freq = Normal
    CPU Host Clock Control = Auto
    CPU Freq= 200 MHz
    PCIE Clock= Auto
    HT Link Freq= Auto
    Memory clock = x8.00 = 1600MHz
    DCTs Mode = Unganged
    CAS#LAtency = 9T
    RAS to CAS R/W delay= 9T
    Row Precharge TIme = 9T
    Minimum RAS Active Time = 24T
    1T/2T Command Timing = 2T
    TwTr Command Delay = 5T
    Trfc0 for Dimm1 = 127.5ns
    Trfc2 for Dimm2 = 127.5ns
    Trfc1 for Dimm3 = 127.5ns
    Trfc3 for Dimm4 = 127.5ns
    Write Recovery Time= 10T
    Precharge Time= 5T
    Row Cycle Time= 34T
    RAs to Ras Delay= 4T
    CPU NB VID Control= Normal = 1.2V
    CPU Voltage Control= +0.175 = 1.5Vcore
    DRAM voltage control= 1.640v
    DDR VTT Voltage Control = 1.100V
    NB Voltage Control= Normal = 1.200V
    SB/HT Voltage control= Normal = 1.300V
    NB PCIE Voltage Control= Normal 1.8V

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Same Hardware Setup

Hello,

I came across this thread, among many others, on the site trying to find the correct settings for the same mobo/memory combo I have. As others have mentioned, everything runs fine at 1333 but as soon as I change the memory clock speed to 1600, the system is unstable. With a combination of settings I've gathered from recent threads on this site, I think I am close but could use a few suggestions. My settings are as follows. Keep in mind I have successfully unlocked the 4th core and the system is extremely stable, just not with the memory clock at 1600.

ACC EC Firmware Selection= Hybrid
      ACC = Auto
      CPU Clock Ratio = x15 = 3000MHz
      CPU Northbridge Freq = Auto
      CPU Freq= 200 MHz
      PCIE Clock= Auto
      HT Link Freq= Auto
      DCTs Mode = Unganged
      CAS#LAtency = 9T
      RAS to CAS R/W delay= 9T
      Row Precharge TIme = 9T
      Minimum RAS Active Time = 24T
      1T/2T Command Timing = 2T
      TwTr Command Delay = 5T
      Trfc0 for Dimm1 = 160ns
      Trfc2 for Dimm2 = 160ns
      Trfc1 for Dimm3 = 160ns
      Trfc3 for Dimm4 = 160ns
      Write Recovery Time= 10T
      Precharge Time= 5T
      Row Cycle Time= 34T
      RAs to Ras Delay= 4T
      CPU NB VID Control= Normal = 1.2V
      CPU Voltage Control= +0.125 = 1.45Vcore
      DDR VTT Voltage Control = 1.100V
      NB Voltage Control= Normal = 1.200V
      SB/HT Voltage control= Normal = 1.400V
      NB PCIE Voltage Control= Normal 1.8V

I am running Gigabyte BIOS version F2C. Like I said, I think I am close because I can get WinXP (SP3) to boot but not long after booting I start getting errors and an eventual system lock-up. Any additional suggestions on this would be GREATLY appreciated. Let me know if there are any questions or if I need to provide additional information. Thanks in advance!

Comment

up the cpunb speed and volts a tad and see if that helps

Comment

Originally posted by glockjs View Post
          up the cpunb speed and volts a tad and see if that helps
          Thanks for the suggestion glockjs. I wanted to provide an update to my last post and see if your suggestions still hold. With the following settings I achieved the most system stability (I can boot to windows). However, whenever I would stress the system with Prime95 or a high-end game, eventually it would crash. I have to assume that means I have the settings VERY close unless I am misinterpreting something.

ACC EC Firmware Selection= Hybrid
          ACC = Auto
          CPU Clock Ratio = x14 = 2800MHz
          CPU Northbridge Freq = Auto = 2000MHz
          CPU Freq= 200MHz
          PCIE Clock= Auto
          HT Link Freq= Auto
          DCTs Mode = Unganged
          CAS#LAtency = 9T
          RAS to CAS R/W delay= 11T
          Row Precharge TIme = 11T
          Minimum RAS Active Time = 29T
          1T/2T Command Timing = - -
          TwTr Command Delay = 6T
          Trfc0 for Dimm1 = 110ns
          Trfc2 for Dimm2 = - -
          Trfc1 for Dimm3 = 110ns
          Trfc3 for Dimm4 = - -
          Write Recovery Time= 12T
          Precharge Time= 6T
          Row Cycle Time= 40T
          RAs to Ras Delay= 5T
          CPU NB VID Control= Normal = 1.2V + 0.050V
          CPU Voltage Control= +0.125 = 1.45Vcore
          DDR VTT Voltage Control = 1.125V
          NB Voltage Control= Normal = 1.160V
          SB/HT Voltage control= Normal = 1.300V
          NB PCIE Voltage Control= Normal 1.800V

I have got to be getting close now that I can at least boot to Windows. With the above settings, should I still try and boost the CPU NB freq and voltage? Thanks again.

Comment

sorry i just re read the post..before you got messing w/ the cpunb.a few things first.

are you running more than two sticks? if so you're gonna have to settle with 1333.

to be able to go above 1333 on amd boards(if supported) the ram has to go into certain slots. for example i have a gigabyte 790xt-ud4 i have to use slots 3 and 4 to go above 1333. is your ram in the right spot?

btw those are horrid timings. speed isnt everything timings make a big dif on amd's vs pure speed...linkie: http://www.overclock.net/amd-memory/...ed-faster.html

i just realized what speed you're at. the cpunb SHOULDNT be a prob. its usually needed at a higher speed to stabalize at higher than 3.6ghz but you can try worst case.

and no being able to run prime for a short time does not mean you're close...being able to run prime for hours then an error means you're close.

tbh with that much instability from 1333 to 1600 if the ram is designed for 1600 i would point to ram being in the wrong slots.

Comment

sorry i just re read the post..before you got messing w/ the cpunb.a few things first.

are you running more than two sticks? if so you're gonna have to settle with 1333.

to be able to go above 1333 on amd boards(if supported) the ram has to go into certain slots. for example i have a gigabyte 790xt-ud4 i have to use slots 3 and 4 to go above 1333. is your ram in the right spot?

btw those are horrid timings. speed isnt everything timings make a big dif on amd's vs pure speed...linkie: http://www.overclock.net/amd-memory/...ed-faster.html

i just realized what speed you're at. the cpunb SHOULDNT be a prob. its usually needed at a higher speed to stabalize at higher than 3.6ghz but you can try worst case.

and no being able to run prime for a short time does not mean you're close...being able to run prime for hours then an error means you're close.

tbh with that much instability from 1333 to 1600 if the ram is designed for 1600 i would point to ram being in the wrong slots.
              Some good questions and pointers. I am running two sticks at 2GB each. The timings on the modules themselves are 9-9-9-24. So yes, the "auto" timings are horrid by comparison. I checked the MOBO manual (here) and it is somewhat contradictory. For dual channel mode the manual indicates to use slots 1 and 3. But under the config. table there is a note that says, If two memory modules are to be installed, it is recommended that you install them in the DDR3_1 and DDR3_2 sockets. I currently have the modules installed in slots 1 and 2 as recommended by this note. I can try switching them to 1 and 3 and see if that makes a difference. Any other thoughts?

Comment

try one stick at a time and try them in different slots 1-4 and try to boot at the 1600. is one stick unstable in each and every slot at that speed?

Comment

try one stick at a time and try them in different slots 1-4 and try to boot at the 1600. is one stick unstable in each and every slot at that speed?
                  I was able to get the system stable at 1600 by using slots 1 and 3 instead of slots 1 and 2 as the manual originally indicated. I had to boost the voltage a bit and adjust the timings but it seems to be stable now. I think I still need to tweak the settings some for the CPU due to unlocking the 4th core. Thanks again for your help and suggestions glockjs.

Comment

Working...
                  X