What am I doing wrong with Wiper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What am I doing wrong with Wiper

I have a dual core HP Laptop with 4Gb memory a 128Gb Falcon with latest firmware and a second 250Gb HDD, running Vista (soon to be 7), the SSD is AHCI. The Falcon is primary drive (C

When I run wiper I get a DOS screen the words found C: okay then a message that the 'Handle is invalid" and the program exits

After this I do have a very large .dat file in my root directory, but clearly no work has been done

Any thoughts? I can only think it is because I have a second disk connecred (not Raid) but does this mean I have to take out the second drive to run wiper?

David

Try removing the second drive. The SSD should be drive 0 in order to run the wiper.exe

Keep us posted on the results.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well thanks for that, the SSD is drive 0 and the primary active drive, according to PD10 it is only 0.1% fragmented and the drive is only a week old so you can imagine aside from the time involved, pulling off drives to do maintenace is not terribly user friendly to my thinking.

I'll see how it goes, maybe you will come up with a better method before I have to use it

David

Comment

When you first got the drive, did you format it and such and then try to load Windows?

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I cloned my old HDD using Acronis via a USB caddy to the falcon, the Vista OS works fine and the transition from old to new went without any problems at all

David

Comment

Old post but anyway : I'm not sure about this, your Vista installation is not feeling that good... I've had a similar problem with vista , Wiper was working fine then I've changed something in vista that I should of not played with and then wiper had an error. Since i got Win 7 OEM, wiper work very well. and I don't get the same message in the black window, it's now written TRIM and seem to be working as intended. So your problem will disappear when you will install Win 7. Sata as IDE, NOT AHCI.

Comment

Ill be installing W7 this week but don't think I can or want to run IDE

David

Comment

Speeds are faster running IDE than AHCI on SSD drives.

Comment

I'd would need to see some proof of that statement![Google is your friend] as it is I'm on a laptop with no bios feature to alter the drives, of which there are 2 in the machine, I am about to do a fresh install of 64bit W7 hopefully about Wednesday.

I have a dual core centreno and Intel chipset.

David
                  Last edited by djmorgan; 10-18-2009, 01:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                  X