Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH work on a Foxconn Black Ops (X48)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH work on a Foxconn Black Ops (X48)

I've never done any overclocking before, but I thought I'd experiment a little since I was givenn a Core 2 Quad Extreme. I bought a Black Ops board and I was looking for the fastest affordable memory (ie under $100) I could get for it.

Can the F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH be used on this Black Ops board. I think X48 boards normally set the memory voltage to 1.5V, but this memory is spec'ed at 1.65V. Could these be run at 1.5V, and if so what would happen to the the freq and latencies? Perhaps I could manually set the voltage to 1.65V, but would that be stable?

Or would I be better off just getting something like the F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ ? Would these be slower at 1.5V than the other memory? What if I set the voltage on these to 1.65V, would I get better performance, but instability?

As I said I've never done any overclocking and don't know much about how memory is rated and the interactions of voltage vs freq and latency. I'd like to get the CL7D-4GBRH if possible if the would work on the Black Ops and if they would give better performance. Any info and/or arecommendation would be appreciated.

1.5V is simply the default voltage. Most DDR3-1600 memory will require 1.65V. You can use the G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH on this motherboard. At 1.5V it will only be able to operate DDR3-1333. In order to utilize its full potential, you will need to set memory voltage to 1.65V.

If you are looking for performance, the RipJaws series is definitely the way to go. Especially over the NQ.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X