• Show
Clear All

• ddr3 2000mhz issues on gigabyte x58 extreme help

motherboard: gigabyte x58 extreme
    cpu: intel core i7 920 3.33ghz
    power:aptiva 1100w
    gpu: gtx295 quad sli
    ram: G.Skill Trident F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD (3x2GB) DDR3

I cannot get this ram to run at the rated speeds of 2000mhz under any conditions seem to have a black hole around 1600mhz on this motherboard....have tried all your bios settings under the gigabyte motherboard instructions....1.3v vcore anywhere from 1.415-1.6 qpiv/tt 1.65v ram......cannot get system to post at those ram settings rated at 9-9-9-24 2T.......entred manually.....or if system posts cannot complete a run of super pi without errors!!! help me please i want to get these modules running at their rated speeds !!

Try testing each stick individually to make sure that they are working properly. If they are all fine, you may need to slightly overclock to see how high it will go before being unstable. What stepping is your CPU? D0 or C0? Not all 920s will be able to operate DDR3-2000. Not to mention the Gigabyte motherboard has issues with that as well.

Try using a lower BCLK to see if that will be less stress on the processor. Try a 12x memory multiplier instead of 10x.

Let me know how that goes.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

ok managed to get all 3 modules at 2000mhz sandra soft runs fine but if i do a super pi pass it comes up with not convergent in sqr05....what does this mean??

Comment

also my cou is a D0 stepping....settings atm..... 1.2vcore...1.66ram.....1.415 qip/vtt is this enough?

Comment

ok weird things keep happening windows task manager is only seeing 2G of ram.... although all 3 sticks are detected at boot up and in bios..... my bandwith in sisoftware sandra seems to vary from 15,000points to 25,000 points why?? why isn't it reconising my ram properly....seem to need 1.275 v/core...and 1.715 qpi/vtt voltage !!

Comment

Yes, VCore is slightly too low. 3.3GHz should need around 1.28V. On this motherboard QPI/VTT may need to be that high for DDR3-2000. Try testing each memory stick individually to make sure you don't have a bad one.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

cant seem to get it stable over about 1700mhz at any settings on this motherboard.....does gigabyte have known issues with this?? what motherboard is best evga or asus?

Comment

This motherboard is very sensitive to high BCLK/QPI which is imperative to high overclocking and high memory. A lot of tuning is necessary to get the correct voltages in order for it to operate smoothly.

It may also be your processor though, the C0 version will only do DDR3-1800 max while D0 will be able to handle more.

EVGA or ASUS, it still depends on which board you get. The EVGA E760 CLassified and ASUS P6T6 are both great boards that can handle great overclocks and very high memory speeds without any issues.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

i am in now way unhappy with your product simply annoyed with gigabyte as many people with gigabyte boards r having the same troubble.....while i save up for a evga motherboard im running your ram at 1600mhz with no issues what timings can you suggest at those speeds?? should be able to tighten the timings alot?

Comment

Have you tried Ocing the CPU? 2000 is considered an OC speed. Also what's your tRFC and tRC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

trfc is 60 and trc is 27.....yes i have tried overclocking the cpu to anywhere from 3.2-3.6

Comment

atm running 1600 i can achieve 6-7-6-201T timings and get great results using sisoftware sandra....will this be ok 24/7 at these timings?

Comment

As long as it remains stable, will want to keep eye an temps, if they remain OK should be fine. If stability issues arise could up the tRFC to 64 and possibly the tRC to 28 to add stability

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

what temprature programs would heep an eye on dimm module tempratures?

Comment

Very little RAM has temp sensors, but there are options, some swear by touching the sticks, which I guess more or less works (?)....I generally keep tabs on the CPU and mobo temps....you can also invest appr $20 in an IR thermometer, I keep one around because I'm always working on systems and do alot of OCing.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X