• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH - ASUS P7P55D EVO LGA 1156 - i5-750

ram: F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH -
    mobo: ASUS P7P55D EVO LGA 1156 -
    cpu: i5-750

Hi All,

I'm new to OC however I've done my research and would like to make sure that I will be approaching this correctly/safely.

Please assure me that with the above specs, I am able to overclock to 2000 mhz safely. If not, if I just plug it in and have the mobo auto recognize and not play with any BIOS settings, would it be ok as well. (have it run at 1333 - 1800 or some other speed)

I am still waiting for my parts to arrive so I would like to ask questions first.

To my understanding the i5-750 runs at 2.66 ghz and I would need to tweak the settings in BIOS to overclock right? What is considered a stable speed for me to look at. I will also be purchasing a CPU hsfan to replace the stock one for better cooling, any suggestions? I don't see that many for socket 1156.

Thanks in Advance!!

Ray

You will be able to operate DDR3-2000 with your combination. It is simply a matter of BIOS settings rather than "overclocking". Overclocking is only done when you operate the hardware beyond its rated specifications of frequency or voltage.

If you simply plug the memory in, it will probably run at DDR3-1333 since that is the default on the motherboard.

The i5-750 is a 2.66GHz, you will be able to operate that safely without a CPU cooler at around 3.2GHz. It will simply take BIOS configurations to do the overclock. There are several socket 1156 fans available and also several that will be released. You can simply wait and see while you temporarily have a mild OC on the system.

Here is our mild setup when we tested this exact combination. 1.28 VCore, 4.0GHz, DDR3-2000

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thanks you for your prompt reply. After browsing another thread, you provided a fellow poster with some specific specs. I would like as well if possible. Thanks!

Setting my RAM voltage, timings, etc.
      Since my technical expertise isn't at a higher enough level that I'm comfortable with messing around with my RAM settings in the BIOS, I request some assistance in setting the voltage and timings for my RAM.

ram: F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH -
      mobo: ASUS P7P55D EVO LGA 1156 -
      cpu: i5-750

I tried to bloat up the SS u provided me with and it's kinda jarbled. Could you provide me with the information to provide a mild overclock to 3.2 as you suggested in your previous post? Thanks.

Comment

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
        CPU Ratio Setting - 16.0
        DRAM Frequency - DDR3-2000MHz

Fixed Voltage - 1.30V
        IMC Voltage - 1.20V
        DRAM Voltage - 1.65V
        CPU PLL Voltage - 1.90V

DRAM Timing Control (submenu)
        CAS Latency - 9
        RAS to CAS Delay - 9
        RAS PRE Time - 9