GA-K8N Pro SLI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-K8N Pro SLI

I have a Gigabyte GA-K8N Pro SLI MB, an AMD Athlon64 X2 4200+ socket 939 CPU and I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit. The GA-K8N Pro SLI supports up to 4GB of RAM. I believe my 64bit OS supports this amount of RAM and more.

I recently purchased 2 sets of 2 (F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS) DDR400 PC-3200 1GB memory sticks to replace 4 512 MB sticks. When I install the new memory both my BIOS and OS report 3GB of ram. I have run mem scan and found no problems. If one of these sticks was not working my computer shouldn't boot at all and the computer seems to run fine with them in. How can I enable full use of all four gigabytes?

A few possibilities:

Do you have the latest BIOS? F10D? (found here)

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/M...1883#anchor_os

and I'm not positive they ever got this fixed, they did have a problem that the BIOS (and therefore the OS) could only 'see' 2.75 to 3.25 - .5 of RAM total, don't remember exactly, even with 4GB installed. It was a system BIOS problem going back to late 2006 I think. Having the 4GB installed though allows the system to use what it sees as Dual Channel even though it doesn't see/use all four. Worked with one of these boards awhile back.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Try testing each memory module individually to make sure no sticks are defective.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
      X