• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Can I Get My RAM to Run at 1600?

I?ve just put together a very nifty system with the following components:

- An Asus M4A79XTD EVO motherboard

- An AMD Phenom II x3 720 processor

- A set of G.Skill F3-12800CL9D ? 2GBNQ RAM sticks (2 sticks, 1 gig each)

BIOS is AMI Version 0501 released 07/17/2009.

The RAM runs at 1330 by default. What settings do I need to change in the BIOS to get the RAM to run at 1600?

Thanks in advance for your help.

in order to run the ram at ddr3 1600 u need to use the 1:4 memory divider.
    1x200mhz(stock htt speed):4x200mhz=800mhz=ddr3 1600
    u will need to adjust the memory timings manually as listed on the sticker on ur ram sticks.
    it?s usually the first 4 settings. make sure u set them for both sticks.
    4GHz Validation
    MSI 790FX-GD70 (BIOS 1.6B3)//PhenomII 965
    2x 2GB G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH//Sapphire 4870X2
    OCZ Agility 120GB//2x Hitachi Deskstar (500GB) RAID0//ZALMAN ZM850-HP 850W

Comment

I just built a system with the same MoBo, great so far. All I did was set the DRAM Frequency to 1600, the clock settings to 9-9-9-24 and the voltage to 1.5 (Mobo will try to run them at 1.8 on auto). Stable so far... If it is unstable bump your voltage to 1.6.

Comment

Aveamantium,

That's what I did, based on the info I found in this thread:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1743

It's a basically the same question about the same MoBo, but the thread refers to another thread with setting info about a similar but not identical ASUS MoBo and similar but not identical RAM.

I raised the voltage to 1.6, using the info I got from the thread I mentioned above, but did not raise the HT voltage to 1.4 as the thread recommended. That setting was in the red zone for my Mobo.

The system runs great so far, but I'm wondering if there are any other settings I need to adjust.

Comment

This motherboard picks it up quite well, so as long as you got the basic memory frequency, timings, and voltage down, everything should be fine.

Thank you
          GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Originally posted by amptron2x View Post
            Aveamantium,

That's what I did, based on the info I found in this thread:

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=1743

It's a basically the same question about the same MoBo, but the thread refers to another thread with setting info about a similar but not identical ASUS MoBo and similar but not identical RAM.

I raised the voltage to 1.6, using the info I got from the thread I mentioned above, but did not raise the HT voltage to 1.4 as the thread recommended. That setting was in the red zone for my Mobo.

The system runs great so far, but I'm wondering if there are any other settings I need to adjust.
            Yup, that was my thread asking the same thing... No need to change anything else, this Mobo doesn't seem to consider this an OC so as long as you set the speed timings and voltages you should be golden (like gskill tech mentioned above).

Comment

Thanks for the help everybody. Mobo's runnning smooth as silk.

Comment

Working...
              X