F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ fails Memtest86+ on EP45-D3SR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ fails Memtest86+ on EP45-D3SR

I have been seeing some instability in video rendering and decided to run memtest. It showed errors during test 6. Then I tested the sticks separately an only one had failures. I reran the test to capture a pic and here it is.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/29259791@N04/2734591608/

The weird thing is the error is at addresses ending in 9b8 when both sticks are in. BTW, the timing is set to AUTO, I test in the failing stick in each bank, and at both 1.8 and 1.9 volts.

I did not try to modify timing but if someone knows that this can definitely be fixed by timing parameters i'll give it a go. Or should I just RMA it?

-rod

Edit: Neither the URL or IMG option worked.

passes test a lower speeds

I tried a few thing last night. I set the DRAM timing mode to manual and added one clock (more than SPD value) to each parameter (i.e. 6-6-6-18 plus ALL the secondary ones like tWTR and tWR). That reduced my error count to 8 in the 800M-900M range. I didn't test the 1800M-1900M range.

Then I reset all my primary timing values to the SPD values while leaving the secondary ones as above. That produced the same errors as all timing at SPD values.

Finally, I set the timing at all SPD values and change the memory frequency to 667MHz. That configuration passed all tests (7h30m and 17 passes).

To me this means that the errors are a timing problem in the data burst. I can't imagine its my motherboard since the other stick works and I've tried two other sets of 4GB DDR2-800 4-4-4-12 memory.

Anyway I requested an RMA number and will send these back. I'm not for attempting to adjust the Phases or clock skew.

Should I send in all the pictures I took? It would have to be on a CDROM.

-

Comment

it seemed defective
      Please RMA with us
      thanks

G.S

Comment

Working...
      X