1T or 2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1T or 2T

I recently bought a set of DDR3 1333 (PC3 10600) Model F3-10600CL9D-2GBNQ. I already had 1 set. When I had just 1 set I was running at 9-9-9-24-33-1T as reported by cpu-z. Now with 2 sets equaling 4gig it is 9-9-9-24-40-2T. I was wondering if it would be safe to change it to the original settings.

Is it stable at the current settings? If so write down your settings and give it a shot, to be honest, I don't think it will go at those speeds, but if not, you might be able to adjust to somewhere in betweeen for a slight increase, it won't be anything you'll see except possibly under benchmarks, but it's worth bragging rights.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, right now I have set it to 9-9-9-24-40-1T. My ram is overclocked to ddr3 1600. It's been that way for 3 days I think. Will changing the bank cycle time from 40 to 33 really make any difference. Do you think my current settings are safe? I don't wanna burn anything up. I've been playing cod4 and crysis warhead the whole time it's been set this way. I've read on alot of forums that 4 dimms can't be ran at 1T.

Comment

It can be very tricky to get them going, but looks like your good to go. Just want to watch for stability issues and check your temps i.e. CPU, NB, etc, will want to keep an eye on them to indicate additional heat build up in RAM, but otherwise should be fine.

Have fun!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Well, I tried to run a few benchmarks using everest and it says my read, write and latency were all 0. So, I went and downloaded another bench program called fresh diagnose. Don't really know how good it is but, it causes computer to freeze. I had ran everest before I got the other 2 gig and it worked fine, so I took them out and same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Comment

What is your tRFC? Bank Cycle Time may have to stay at 40 with 8GB. The more memory you have the more delay it needs. You can't expect it to go through double the memory in the same amount of time as 4GB. Timings must be loosened (raised) when operating 8GB. It is necessary to allow double the memory.

Thank you
            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Well, I have 2 trfc settings(trfc0, trfc1) in bios and they are both at 300. I don't have 8 gig I have 4 gig(4x1gig). Oh, Everest is working now. After a few restarts it's working. Don't know why. My settings are 9-9-9-24-33-1T and still overclocked to ddr3 1600. Can this be harmful to the ram. They aren't hot. I opened my case and touched them and they are slightly warm.

Comment

If all is stable, would keep it that way.....if you want to to advance it some could try lowereing the tRFC1 by one setting..if that works can then try lowering the tRFC0 the same amount.

Another possible would be to try lowering the base timings a bit at a time i.e. 9-8-8-24 then 8-8-8-24 if any/all work get back and we can try tightening some more.

Tman

Comment

Whoops, read the first post incorrectly. tRFC should be fine at 195. Like Tman stated, one setting down. The memory should be slightly warm, so that's not an issue. Besides that, everything else sounds good. Those timings are pretty good for 1600, especially the 1T.

Thank you
                  GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                  X