Memory Timmings GA-MA790XT-UD4P & F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Timmings GA-MA790XT-UD4P & F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK

I recenlty purchased a 4GB (2x2GB)memory kit [F3-10666CL8D-4GBHK], which of course is Dual Channel DDR3-1300 for a new system build. I have never made any changes to memory in Bios before and was looking for assistance to ensure that I do it properly.
    The system build went very smoothly and everything has been working very well. I have not had a single issue thus far however I have read several posts in several forums saying this memory will run more stable in a 8-8-8-21 timing at 1.6v
    Should I manualy correct the timing although I have not had any issues, and if so, could you please help me to make the changes? Please keep in mind that I have never done so before and clear descriptions of where to put what values would be appreciated. Could you also make sure to look over all my other current values to check for any other issues your experience may be able to detect that I certainly would not.

Current system specs and Bios Values

Windows 7 64bit Operating System
    Phenom II x4 955 Black Edition 3.21 w/no OC
    GA-MA790XT-UD4P Gigabyte motherboard
    EVGA Geforce GTX260 VGA w/no OC
    G.Skill 4GB (2X2GB) memory kit F3-10666CL89-4GBHK
    Corsair HX750W Modular Power Supply
    Wester Digital 640GB Caviar Black 7200 RPM Sata 3.0GB/sec Hard Drive
    LG 22x Lightscribe DVD Burner
    Zulman 9700 Copper CPU cooler

CPU Clock Ratio 3200mhz
    CPU Northbridge Frequency auto 2000mhz
    CPU Frequency 200
    Normal CPU VCore 1.3500v
    Cpu Host Clock auto
    PCI-E Clock auto
    HT Link Width auto
    HT Link Frequency auto
    Set Memory Clock auto
    Memory Clock x6.66 1333mhz
    DCTs Mode Unganged

When I switch to manual mode as if I were going to make changes, some defaults appear in the manual column. I have made note of them for you. Currently the values in both SPD & Auto columns are as follows

DDR3 Timing Items auto
    CAS# Latency 9
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay 9
    ROW Precharge Time 9
    Min RAS Active Time 24
    1T/2T Command Timing -- Defaults to T2 in manual mode
    TwTr Command Delay 5T
    TrFc0 for Dimm1 110ns
    TrFc2 for Dimm2 -- Defaults to 90ns in manual mode
    TrFc1 for Dimm3 110ns
    TrFc3 for Dimm4 -- Defaults to 90ns in manual mode
    Write Recovery Time 10T
    Precharge Time 5T
    Row Cycle Time 33T
    RAS to RAS Delay 4T

If possible perhaps you could copy and paste this list as a template and make the needed changes so I can go down the list one by one in my Bios and be certain I am not making any mistakes. I am embarassed to say I have owned about 10 PCs over the past 15 years and never once went into Bios before this, my first build.
    Thank You in advance for your time and hopefully your patience in getting me straight with the new timings.

On a side note if anyone browsing my post for info about thier own tech problems has some knowledge about Windows Experience and would like to post a reply or send me an email my system rates as follows

Processor 7.3
    Memory 7.5 Go G.Skill - Not the right timings but still the best score on my new build
    Graphics 6.4
    Gaming Graphics 6.4
    Primary Hard Disk 5.9

I guess I am pretty satisfied with these scores but a friend advised that this Sata 3.0GB/sec drive was one of the better hard drives I could get without spending serious cash on a solidstate drive. Can that 5.9 possibly be uped by making a change or two in some settings somewhere in my PC or possibly because it is a sata drive and I have not installed the sata drivers since I have no raid set up and everything seems to be working fine. Could moving it to a different sata port help or possibly a newer Bios update? Was just wondering if My friends advise on a hard drive might have been a little off.

nick73drago@yahoo.com

DDR3 Timing Items Manual
    CAS# Latency 8
    RAS to CAS R/W Delay 8
    ROW Precharge Time 8
    Min RAS Active Time 21
    1T/2T Command Timing -- 2T
    TwTr Command Delay 5T
    TrFc0 for Dimm1 110ns
    TrFc2 for Dimm2 -- Defaults to 90ns in manual mode
    TrFc1 for Dimm3 110ns
    TrFc3 for Dimm4 -- Defaults to 90ns in manual mode
    Write Recovery Time 10T
    Precharge Time 5T
    Row Cycle Time 33T
    RAS to RAS Delay 4T

Everything else looks good.

Not sure about the hard drive. It depends on the hard drive, but if you have everything up to date and set correctly, I'm sure BIOS updates and such would not help much if at all.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Made the recommended adjustments

Hi there,
      I made the timing adjustments as you suggested and then I ran everest stress test for 45 minutes and temps all stayed steady between 34 and 40 from start to finish for CPU, GPU and motherboard, as well as no voltage fluctuations so it appears everything is running well.
      Thank you for your help, I greatly appreciate it. Looks like G.Skill will be my memory of choice for all future builds.
      Last edited by nick73drago; 09-24-2009, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Sounds good. Good motherboard. Not sure why they can't do this for the 790x. -_-

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Agree, and the .....and the .........., and the ...................., and, and, and, and

need I go on.......

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X