tradesman is gonna kill me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tradesman is gonna kill me

lol...my system has been running great...but being a modest overclocker...and doing a lot of reading on overclocker clubs sites...one thing remained for the amd 720 x3 be....the locked 4th core...THE HOLY GRAIL !! What all strive for with the 720be chip...There are a few site of clubs that list success doing this...some motherboards cant...some chips cant.
    1) the chip is the luck of the draw...some work...others cant
    2) the ma770t-ud3p mother board can! IF you use the f2c bios ( the only bios flash to unlock 4th core )...and if your chips 4th core is just disabled and not bad ( again luck of the draw on your cpu chip ). Heres how it works. AFTER INSTALLING F2c FLASH...go to bios....set ecfirmware to HYBRID...and set ((acc)) to auto. Looks simple....As i clicked f-10 to save and exit bios....I could hear tradesman words.. CAREFULl!...I pushed save....with some fear i might add...if it failed...i would have to clear cmos and start over...I made sure to set everything back from my modest overclock...except v-core...the guys on the oc club suggested to keep it bumped up to 1.36..( i was told 4th core enabled needs a little more juice...1.42 is max safe volts ) IT WORKED !! THE GRAIL IS MINE !!!! I ran prime 95 for only 30 minutes...passed...i will go for longer test later...If you are interested tradesman...i would like to email you some screen shots of computer...cpu-z...system info...and so on...you really know your stuff...im normally not much of a chating online...i can email pics to people...but i cant post them here...posting pics was something i never got in to..if its ok...can i email you pics ? and ask for your opion on stuff?
    Pat

Sounds good to me.........................................but only after a hundred lashes..............killing U would be a bit severe....................LOL

Seriously though, congrats, would love to see the pics, etc.......questions though, that'll cost ya......just kidding...bring em on.....I'm skipping out for a couple hours to eat, just got back into town...will be checking the forums a little later.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

crap... coudnt get it stable....was running a few games and it froze...fail prime95 after about 45 mins. I was told from other forums to raise v-core...but i wimped out...back to 3 cores...but i still would like to throw some pics with info at you...maybe some advice from you could help...i can email pics....but i cant seem to post them here...keeps asking me for a url...i will send a private mess to you

Comment

ahhhhh...in bottom left corner of screen to post replys....there is a box called... POSTING RULES....it says you CANNOT post attachments here...now i know why i have been having trouble posting pics here.

Comment

Comment

I'll drop you ,y e-mail address via PM in about 10-15 minutes (got some other PMs to check), will look forward to the pics and info, if you have additional questions pertaining to the system can do via e-mail, or you could start a thread in General Discussions (might help others along the way).

You should be safe taking the vCore up, there's some built in free limit between what they post and what the max is, not as much play as Intel but still a fair bit.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Dropped an email to your messages

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X