system specs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• system specs...

the reason im posting this here...is if others with my setup are having trouble...which i was...hope it will help them.

cpu............amd 720 black edition...aftermarket v1 cooler from thermaltake

mother bd.....gigabyte ga-ma770t-ud3p....using f2b bios
    power supply...thermaltake 850w black widow
    ram....8gigs g.skill...4 sticks.. ( thats right...i said it...4 sticks..) with the kingston hypermemory cooler
    graphics card...4890 gigabyte

I was having some BAD trouble getting the ram stable with no overclock...i was being told to set memory timings slower to get it stable...I refused..why run ram that you have to slow down to get it stable? I tryed everything....i flashed to bios f2b...for me...it solved all problems...4 days ago i even overclocked my cpu...since its its a black edition cpu...the multiplyers are unlocked. amd says the safe max volts for this cpu v-core are 1.42...ive seen many go past that...I wont...I keep it in specs...my volts for the cpu are 1.36...default is 1.32..temps are great...the v1 from thermaltake is easy to install and keeps temps low..the default speed for the 720be is 2.8...im running a modest overclock at 3.2mhz I can run prime95 all day....during prime95 temps for cpu never went over 40c. The g.skill ram is running perfect...the only volts that i increased because of the overclock was my v-core...and that was only by a little..and making sure it is well under 1.42.. ( because amd says that is safe limit ) I have seen people running at 1.5 or above for 24/7 with no problems...but im a stickler for keeping volts in check..I was REALLY surprised to be able to run 4 sticks of ram....i couldnt do it before i flashed to f2b bios..I love the memory cooler...sure that helps...i wanted the g.skill cooler that comes with the perfect storm set up but you cant buy it seperate...you can buy a smaller mem cooler from gskill...but i didnt like it. Ive been running this setup for 4 days ...many prime95 tests...shes flying and stable....
    Pat

Sounds like a winner! Could you post the actual model # of the sticks you are using, might help people with their decision making if they were to go with this combo.

Tman

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ive never tryed to post pics...ive never done that i would like to know how to do that here...but i cant figure it out..i see the button for post image here...but it askes for a url...i wanted to show the coolers i have...looks cool...i anyone can help...let me know

Comment

model of gskill ram...f3-12800cl9d-4gbnq

Comment

Use ADD REPLY from previous post or under Quick Reply go to ADVANCED then the third Icon on the top from the right (about the center of the box has a down arrow on it's right, that's for attachments, select it and you can upload .jpg or whatever from your system.

and thanks for adding the RAM model # you used.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

dont know if i did that right

Comment

Something not quite right!

Tman

Comment

We do not host pictures and files for you, so you will have to find a file hosting server such as photobucket, then upload the image link where TMan stated.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Comment

[/IMG]

Comment

http://s941.photobucket.com/albums/ad258/topdogs1963/?

Comment

finally...click on pic to enlarge picture in above post...here is the current setup...what i like about the v1 cpu cooler is it blows sideway...air is pushed right to my exhaust rear case fan...also you see the kingston hyper x cooler over my g.skill ram...tryed to get the gskill cooler that comes with the perfedt storm setup...but thet dont sell it seperate...yet...next i will take pics of cpuz...with over clock...and system info to show you can run 8 gigs of ram on a ma770t-ud3p

Comment

Excellent, gotta love it, be looking for the goods

Tman

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X