X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R

Motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT 790FX-M2R
    Memory: G.Skill F2-8800CL5Q-8GBPI
    Processor: AMD Phenom 9850 Black Edition (will be installing 9950 Black Edition sometime in the next few days)

I am having trouble with this memory the first time I booted into Windows XP x64 it corrupted system files. I have not repaired that OS yet. I am also unable to complete the Vista Ultimate x64 install.
    I was previously running 4 x 1 GB Corsair PC1066 Dominator but would prefer not go back to using it.
    I am currently running memtest+ to see if I have a bad stick. I was just wondering if you had any other recommendations for locating a bad stick or perhap have a list of any required bios setting for my motherboard? I would greatly appreciate any assistance. Thank you.

try to install only one pair
    and running 4 sticks, you may need to add the northbridge voltage to make it stable
    thanks

G.S

Comment

Thanks for the response.
      I put in the Phenom 9950 over the weekend. I have run each pair separately now. They both appear to test ok. I tested them together and came up with approximately 552,000,000,000 ECC errors and the system froze up. I know these don't support ECC and I didn't have any options enabled for it. I thought this was a little odd.
      I set my timings manually to 5-5-5-16 (15 wasn't available on my motherboard with all 4 sticks in use). I also increased memory voltage to 1.95V (bios seems to be reading .05V below what it is set at). I have been able to boot in to Windows XP x64 again and can install Vista x64. Things seem to be operational. This is with all 8 GB. I have not stress tested the system yet with these setting to make sure that it completely stable. I am making progress though.
      Thanks again for the response. I will try your suggestions if I have more problems. I will post my results in a few days just incase anyone else has similar experiences with this motherboard.

Comment

Working...
      X