Vista 64-bit memory upgrade..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista 64-bit memory upgrade..

I just installed Microsoft Vista Ultimate 64-bit...
    I want to add more memory..

I have G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F3-14400CL8D-2GBPI

My Motherboard is ASUS Striker II Extreme LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI ATX.

I have two memory slots open which can take two gigs memory each.

I can not find any where to purchase G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2 GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1800 (PC3 14400) sticks...

Can anyone tell me what else I can use that will work well with the memory I already have?

You may have a hard time pairing up what you have with a 2x2, you can probably use your 1800 with 1600 or 1333 and it should downclock itself. With many mobos and chipsets it normally wouldn't be a problem, but you may encounter headaches with the nVidia chipset.

On your board think I'd suggest going 4-6-8GB of matching sticks, the Striker is very picky and you'll prob want to upgrade to the latest BIOS before trying the new RAM. Even with matching sets, a number of people have had problems running more than 2 sticks, one option might be to go with a 3x2 set (placed in slots 1-2-3, which has worked well for some.

GSkill may have other options, but thought I'd toss it out as something to think about.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Since we no longer have DDR3-1800 memory packages available, your best option would probably be to purchase DDR3-1600 and try to operate 6GB with lowest timings possible or overclock as high as you can to reach 1800. It's one way or the other, depending on what you would like to do.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
      X