X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• freeze at bootup splash screen

gigabye ma770t-ud3p
    720 be cpu
    g.skill f3-12800cl9d duel sided 1600mhz ram.

I have all the timing set right 9-9-9-24....but when i change to 1600 mhz instead of 1333...it will freeze on boot flash screen....my voltages are all on auto....my bios is flashed to the new bios f3....i had the same trouble with f1 bios...was hoping the flash would help...but it hasnt...i even tryed t1 and t2...same trouble....can anyone help ? If i run at 1333...theres no problem....

You will need to set memory frequency to 1600. Memory timings to tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - T2. Then for memory voltage set that to 1.65V and your computer should be running smoothly.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

As you can see...ive done all that...ive tryed t1 and t2....my timings are set...voltage is there...cant boot to 1600

Comment

i do see 1 thing you have said....1.65 for volts....that kind of scares me alittle...the ram specs say 1.5v to 1.6v....shouldnt it run there????

Comment

That's something I had asked about earlier, and they (Gskill) have said it's okay to go up to .1 over listed spec, i.e. if it calls for 1.5 to 1.6 then up to 1.7 should be fine and considered within warranty, which prob means that it's safe even a bit higher

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

thank you both for the replys...i will be gone for most of the day...i will try it tonight and post if it works or not....thank you

Comment

im nervous about this....i will try 1.62...TRADESMAN...are you running the same ram at 1.65??? please let me know...i do have a aftermarket memorry cooling fan on my ram...

Comment

For Core i7 platforms, max memory voltage is 1.65V, so it should always stay below that. For your specific memory package and motherboard, 1.65V will be no problem.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

It's good to here it from Gskill, but generally speaking most manufactures, when they list max voltage are using a conservative amount, particulary Intel with it's CPUs and most chipsets. AMD rates their stuff a little tighter.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I agree as well, but all of our triple channel memory packages operate at 1.65V easily or much less. I think this limitation is a real one not a simple warning, that's why most motherboards have a WARNING!@#@# MAY DAMAGE YOUR PROCESSOR warning instead of just red lettering like when you overdo other voltages and such. I also noticed a lot of people that have attempted voltages wrecklessly are unable to operate DDR3-2000 or high overclocks on the i920, so who knows, it may be damaging. Better safe than sorry, and it's unnecessary anyway.

Thank you
                    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

GSkill,

Maybe I'm lost here but I've been looking at the f3-12800cl9d which are dual channel sets, which match up to what I said, as well as what topdogs1963 said, I believe, the sticks are rated at 1.5 -1.6, not tri-channel 1.65

Tman

Comment

tradesman is correct....its dual core...not tri core...thats why im worried about the volts...also...ive never raised the volts in the past....are you sure its safe for this dual core at 1.65 ?

Comment

i meant dual channel not core...

Comment

They are both D C, know what your saying, but I still believe 1.65 would be safe, though 1.6 should suffice.

Miht try setting the BIOS RAM voltage @ 1.65 then run CPU-Z and see what it shows, what you input into the BIOS isn't always the true voltage that the mobo sees/gets.

What tRFC you running? It may be low...might raise it to 66 (if it's lower), or even a pinch higher and set RAM volts to 1.6

Tman

Comment

well....i know they are both DC...as you can see from my above statement...before you posted....i corrected myself in saying i ment dual channel.... As for My tRFC...or called...((( row refresh cycle timing ))) is set to 33...i do thankyou for the suggestion to raise it...i will check it out online and get back to you....a side note...please overlook a type o in the future.....im sure you knew what i was trying to say.....thank you

Comment

Working...
                              X