NS/ZX ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NS/ZX ASUS A7N8X Deluxe rev. 2

The memory configurator does not seem to be working so I'll just ask here.
    I am looking for a full set (3x1GB) of memory to replace some generic mismatched sticks that seem to be starting to cause difficulties.

This Nforce2 MB (see subject line) seems to be known for being sensitive to memory. It offers dual channel, 200mhz FSB. From the specs I'm having trouble distinguishing and identifying the most appropriate G.Skill memory.

This is for a workhorse system, so I am most interested in stability, but would also like to be able to use some speed tweaks like bumping up the FSB above the standard 200mhz if possible.

How would F1-3200PHU1-1GBNS and F1-3200PHU1-1GBZX compare for use on this board? Would either one offer better performance at stock settings? Would either one offer much headroom for "better-than-stock" performance tweaks? Are there any other considerations?

The G.Skill F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX is the better memory since it has a CAS Latency of 2 instead of 2.5. But at DDR400, you may not notice much of a difference anyway. The motherboard you have should be able to adjust timings, voltages, and such, so I would recommend the F1-3200PHU2-2GBZX since it is the best one available.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
    X