Compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility

Will F3-16000CL9D-4GBGT1 work with ASUS Rampage Extreme motherboard? I bought the RAM but now I am reading on different sites that the memory was designed for nVidia 7 series chipsets.

If I can use the RAM with the Rampage Extreme could you help me out with the approximate settings that might give me best stable performance.

I am currently attempting to overclock a Q9650. I am sitting at 3.7 GHz right now. The memory is nowhere near 2000. I'd be happy with 1800. I thought I knew what I was doing but this motherboard has so many settings I realize that I am clearly out of my depth.

Thank You

You don't want the RAM linked to the CPU,, and you'll have to put in the stock settings manually , along with the voltage and command rate

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The G.Skill F3-16000CL9D-4GBGT1 is strictly for the nForce 7 Series chipset. Do you have this memory package? If so, you may need to return it for a different memory package such as the Trident DDR3-2000.

Thank you
      GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

I will buy a nVidia 7 serirs motherboard instead of returning the RAM. Could you please recommend a motherboard that will overclock well and could you also please provide approximate memory settings for your reccomended motherboard. I do not have the experience to manipulate the RAM settings and FSB - RAM linkage ratio other than repitition and trial by error.

Thank You.

Comment

Are you running more than 1 graphics card? and what GPU(s) are you running? Also what type and how many drives are you running, any SSDs?? Some 700 series boards work better with different GPUs.

PS, Will you getting rid of the Rampage, I'd prob be interested.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

One 4870X2
            2 V Raptors RAID 0
            I am keeping the Rampage Extreme.
            Thank you for your interest.

Comment

Might want to look at either the ASUS P5N64 (runs DDR3 2000 as rated) or the XFX 790i Ultra which will run the 2000 also, although XFX rates 2000 as OC. Of the two, I've had better look OCing w/ the XFX w/ OCZ Flex 2000,hgot 1 running w/ a 9650 at 4.1 (462 FSB) stable, so OCing shouldn't be a prob.

Tman

Comment

I ordered a XFX 790i Ultra last night. Glad to see you agree.

Comment

Think you'll like it...........uhmmmm....do I get the Rampage as a consulting fee? (LOL)

Tman

Comment

I want to try and overclock the Rampage Extreme with different RAM.
                    And I havn't attempted watercooling yet and thats what I will probably do
                    with the Rampage. Cheers.

Comment

Might try OCZ or Patriot (1600/PC3 12800), , I've had good luck with both on the Rampage, and your 9650 (if you use it with this setup) will hit 4 GHz fairly easily (but make sure you have good cooling (airflow, CPU, etc)

Tman

Comment

Ordered another Q9650 for the XFX Ultra and in addition to the G Skill rated at 2000 ordered Mushkin XP @ 1600 and Patriot Viper @ 2000.

Already have 2 Wolfdales and another Q9650 all running slightly over 4GHz.
                        CPUs lapped and cooled by Thermalright Extemes.

I know this seems ridiculous but I work in the Middle East (no babes, no booze).
                        So am always building to keep from going completely insane.

Comment

Nothing ridiculous about it, I got started with computers in the 80's, while in the Air Force and often took components with me on TDYs to build/modify.

Tman

Comment

Keep us posted on your results! =)

Thank you
                            GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
                            X