Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ Trident] F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD Qualified Motherboards List

Hello,

I am interested in buying 6GB of G.Skill memory PC12800 CAS_Latency 6-7-6-18 [Trident] F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD. I would like to know if it is compatible with my Asus P6T deluxe V2 motherboard since the Qualified Motherboards List isn't yet available on G.Skill?s site.

Additionally, I am from Portugal and all the resellers I contacted are waiting for the distributor to provide them with this particular kit of memory since there isn't any in stock at the moment. Can you provide me with a rough estimate on when will this product reach the shops here in Portugal?

Best regards,
    Gabriel
    Last edited by gabrielgpm; 09-01-2009, 03:32 PM.

The G.Skill F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD is indeed compatible with your Asus P6T Deluxe V2 motherboard. This is a very common combination. As far as when the product may reach Portugal, you may need to search local shops to see if they have them in stock. If not, ask one of them to order it because they should have them in stock.

Thank you
    GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply.

Regarding the availability of this product in shops in Portugal, the feedback I got from shops with the best online prices is that it is out of stock and that the distributor is going to take at least a month to provide them with a new stock. Other shops selling G.Skill products, memory kits inclusive, stated that their distributor does not provide them with this model, which prompted me to inquire about this subject.

Best Regards
      Last edited by gabrielgpm; 09-01-2009, 03:13 PM.

Comment

This is a very popular item, so you may want to purchase it from another country and have it shipped it you if it will take at least a month for stock. Unfortunately I do not know which distributor closest to you has them in stock or else I would direct you.

Thank you
        GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

a few more questions...

Hello,

Finally after some wait my local shop has GSkill Trident F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD 1600MHz 6-7-6-18 in stock.

Meanwhile, I found a review online

(see: http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/user-...18-review.html )

showing that the X.M.P profile of these memories gives a QPI/DRAM (stated as QPI/VTT) of 1.375. Isn?t this value to high? I read that the maximum advisable is 1.35 for QPI/DRAM for a core i7 920.
          I would like to buy this ram but before i would like to be sure that on a long term basis, it won?t harm my CPU or motherboard using this X.M.P profile.

Furthermore, my CPU is running on stock speed. I haven?t read much about overclockig yet but will do so soon for the purpose of speeding up my sustem. Is CPU overcloking independent of memory quality? If I decide to overclock my CPU will this memory kit remain stable at its recomended settings?

Finally, the review in question overclocks the ram up to 2000MHz 8-8-8-24 2T, 1.45v QPI/DRAM.

Is this feasable and advisable on my system for an everyday's use?

my system
          cpu core i7 2,67 GHz
          memory trident gskill 1600 cl6 [soon]
          mb asus p6t deluxe v2
          power supply corsair hx-750
          hard drive seagate barracuda 7200.12
          graphics sapphire hd 4890

Best regards,
          Gabriel
          Last edited by gabrielgpm; 10-20-2009, 03:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X