It works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It works

Seems like most people only post when something is wrong, so people coming to the forums see more of the bad experiences. I know SSDs have their issues, but my experience has been flawless. Everything has worked exactly like with an HDD. Performance has been stellar, both in terms of benchmarks and real world performance. I am running Win 7 x64 Build 7100. I have run Wiper once after deleting about 15 GB off the drive. I experimented with AHCI, but read that it wasn't intended for SSDs and the in benchmarks it slowed down the SSD on the write side. I did most of the tweaks on this forum, but not real sure how much of a difference they made (probably not noticeable).

Originally posted by jeremyj2e View Post
    Seems like most people only post when something is wrong, so people coming to the forums see more of the bad experiences. I know SSDs have their issues, but my experience has been flawless. Everything has worked exactly like with an HDD. Performance has been stellar, both in terms of benchmarks and real world performance. I am running Win 7 x64 Build 7100. I have run Wiper once after deleting about 15 GB off the drive. I experimented with AHCI, but read that it wasn't intended for SSDs and the in benchmarks it slowed down the SSD on the write side. I did most of the tweaks on this forum, but not real sure how much of a difference they made (probably not noticeable).
    Same here. I'm using 7 x64 build 7100 too with the 64 GB Falcon, and everything has been running just smoothly. I have also performed every single tweak not knowing whether or not it made a difference because I never spent the time making any comparisons.

My motherboard is the EVGA 680i SLI (122-CK-NF68). I can provide more specifications if they seem relevant.

Comment

I have the 64gb SSD, running win 7 64 bit, and No tweaks... systems is running better then ever before, well worth the upgrade

Comment

Think the key here is we are all running the 64GB Falcon version and I must say both of mine have been rock solid. The higher GB SSD's and what I mean by that all manufactures seem to have their issues with larger SSD's.
        CPU I7-980X @ 3.81Ghz
        MB ASUS P6X58D-E
        GPU GTX480 @ 770Mhz
        RAM 12Gb Patriot Viper Xtreme Division-2 DDR3 @ 1908Mhz
        PSU Corsair AX 850W
        SSD: Intel X25M 80Gb
        HD 2x WD VelociRaptors 150Gb in Raid-0

Sager NP8662
        CPU: Intel Q9100 @ 2.38 GHz
        GPU: GTX 260M @ 612Mhz
        RAM: G.Skill DDR3 1066Mhz 4Gb
        SSD: Intel X25M 120Gb