Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper with 7

On Falcon 128 v1571

Wiper work well in vista sp2 but: i have instal 7 build 6.1.7600 and i have this:

c:\>wiper
    No drive installed proper firmwar found

I'm desapointed!

I think that this is because Windows 7 natively supports SSDs while Vista (and XP) do not. I get the same message.

Comment

Originally posted by funtonic View Post
      On Falcon 128 v1571

Wiper work well in vista sp2 but: i have instal 7 build 6.1.7600 and i have this:

c:\>wiper
      No drive installed proper firmwar found

I'm desapointed!
      Try to run it as administrator. I ran it before I installed my drives in Raid0.
      Last edited by Griffyj; 08-23-2009, 07:13 AM.

Comment

thx that is the solution ^^

Comment

Wow. This seems to be working for everyone but me.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoCables View Post
            Wow. This seems to be working for everyone but me.
            Try downloading the Wiper program again and run it from the SSD drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Griffyj View Post
              Try downloading the Wiper program again and run it from the SSD drive.
              I have done everything that I am supposed to do. That is, I have the drive on the first channel on my motherboard (Disk 0 in Disk Management), and I ran Wiper as Administrator from the SSD. This is in Windows 7 x64 build 7100.

So again, it seems like this is working for everyone but me.

Comment

I have done everything that I am supposed to do. That is, I have the drive on the first channel on my motherboard (Disk 0 in Disk Management), and I ran Wiper as Administrator from the SSD. This is in Windows 7 x64 build 7100.

I am using Win7 7600 final RTM maybe that is the difference.

Comment

Wiper works fine for me with Windows 7 RC build 7100

Comment

I would try using diskpar and reinstall the operating system.

Comment

Hmm. Then I might wait until October 22nd. I haven't felt a decrease in the performance yet.

Comment

Nah, it didn't work for me either, running 7100 x64 on lenovo t400 laptop. Canned half the system files. I don't have time to muck about with it, possibly running as admin might help, but i'm not convinced enought to try it. What does work 100% (for me! backup first..) is to boot off a vista x86 restore cd (google for the iso, it is there as a torrent), then put in a usb key with wiper.exe on it, choose advanced repair tools, open a command prompt, and run wiper.exe from there.

Comment

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (RTM = 7600).

I ran wiper command (AHCI, Disk 0, etc etc).

Well and I could not shut down my windows or start or repair it after that.

1,5 h installing everthing from scratch again...

Oh well, last time I will use trim command, just have to trust Windows 7 to do it on it's own.

Comment

Wiper Win 7 x64

I think it is because you are using Windows 7 64bit. I had it completely hose a system that was Win7 x64 beta. So you may not want to use it. I have not tried it on Win7 x64 RC1 or Win7 x64 RTM. But I am actually scared to try it, it completely will destory your data, so I suggest you find someone who has had success on x64 before trying it.

You have been Warned!

Good Luck and let us know if it works for you.

Comment

Yeah, well I don't know which FW my hard drive has in. But first time I will upgrade my HD is if I have to reinstall W7 and GC upgrade is around.

You can upgrade FW without erasing of all data.

Anyways, trim and W7 x64, better pray before you do it.

It won't destroy all your data, but will render destroy some data, which results in OS not working. So you might save your my docs if you do this, but it's gamble nevertheless.

Also FW haven't been upgraded nor Trim command itself. I wish some progress on that front.

Comment

Working...
                              X