Tridentz RGB Lighting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tridentz RGB Lighting Issue

I have a 64gb set installed in a new X299 Aorus Gaming 9 Motherboard.

8 sticks of ram here. 6 of the sticks work fine. The 2 sticks in the right most Dimm slots are on the default rainbow setting and never change when altering the lighting settings.

Anyone experience something similar or have a fix for this?

Edit: After a few restarts now sticks 5 and 6 are the mismatched ones. Very strange.

Edit 2: Reinstalled the driver...now they are all synced but ONLY the top led light is on for all sticks of ram when choosing Breathing.

This software has a fair amount of issues huh?
    Last edited by Nekrage; 07-09-2017, 11:42 AM.

Yup. I was able to get mine working back on the .16 software, since they updated, I can't even get it to work at all anymore.

Comment

My advice is to return them from the store if you still can, more trouble than it's worth and customer service is pretty terrible.

Comment

Yup refunding. Have the RMA setup now, shipping them off on Friday.

The only problem is I see there is no other 64GB RGB ram kit available at 3466 or higher.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...82E16820236193

I see here we have a 32GB Corsair kit, wondering if I should risk buying 2 kits here. I have had problems in the past with separate kits. Hmmmm

Comment

Try not to use separate kits, It might not work or it might be fine. I actually have a mix in my GF's PC with 2x Corsair Vengeance 16GB and 2x Corsair RGB Vengeance. In this case they have same Frequencies and timings, everything is the same.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
            Try not to use separate kits, It might not work or it might be fine. I actually have a mix in my GF's PC with 2x Corsair Vengeance 16GB and 2x Corsair RGB Vengeance. In this case they have same Frequencies and timings, everything is the same.
            Tried to avoid it, no choice. Went with 2 32gb sets.

Going to do some testing this weekend to see how this goes.

But G.Skill....I am pretty let down by the lack of support you guys have shown your community. My last 5 sets of ram were all G.Skill, will see how Corsair goes now and I will stick with them if this works well.
            Last edited by Nekrage; 07-13-2017, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X