Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking RAM

Hey guys,

Sometimes when starting up 1 to all sticks are blinking instead of having the desired set-up color effects.

The only way for me to fix this so far was restarting the pc.
    Is this normal? And is it also fixed by just waiting or something else?

Kind regards,
    Legend

You need to read the threads in the Trident Z RGB section. MANY people are having this problem and worse - corrupted SPD data. Unless you know how to use Thaiphoon Burner to re-write your SPD data, you are hosed. Your lucky your RAM still even runs. If you keep running ANY kind of LED control software, it won't be working for long. Read the threads.

Comment

Originally posted by BillB View Post
      You need to read the threads in the Trident Z RGB section. MANY people are having this problem and worse - corrupted SPD data. Unless you know how to use Thaiphoon Burner to re-write your SPD data, you are hosed. Your lucky your RAM still even runs. If you keep running ANY kind of LED control software, it won't be working for long. Read the threads.
      I don't run any other LED Software except for the G.Skill Trident Z RGB Beta...
      I was just wondering if it was normal that sometimes the RAM sticks don't pick up the RGB software setup.

Comment

Is this before or after entering the OS? The lighting effects that you have set will not kick in until entering the OS and the background service is running.

Please try out the new version (refresh the download page if you're not seeing it) and make sure to press "DEFAULT" after updating to the new software. While booting, the lighting should be in rainbow wave, until you get to the OS, where the background service should kick in with the lighting you've set.

If not, let us know which motherboard you have. And please do make sure the BIOS version is updated to the latest version.

Comment

Wow!! A response from G.Skill. Been a while. Good to see. Maybe things are looking up.

Comment

Working...
          X