Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill, Sorry.. have to return

G.Skill,

I have been using your memory for many years, i dont recall ever having to RMA a single stick of memory.

So it was easy for me to decide to purchase your Trident Z RGB Memory.
    Was so excited to get it installed.

Looked nice in default(rainbow) mode.. but didnt fit my theme.

Patiently waited for any news of the software.
    Like most of us, as soon as the software was released.. we installed and tried it out.

What a disaster that was.. Software cant run, cant find the memory.. uninstall.. uninstall and find folders and delete..
    uninstall software, remove memory.. remove power.. wait 3 minutes.. pat my head, and rub my tummy..

all in all.. one dark stick, one dim stick... messed and messed with it.. finally one stick has default color again, the other is still dim.
    New software made this worse....

Now i see many sticks having spd issues... when will this end ?

You rushed your product out to market, unfinished, not correctly tested.. defective in some cases.
    with a whole 2 software versions, and nothing listed as to when there will be more.
    Or how these problems will be fixed.

Worse yet, you know there are some serious issues with some of this memory, to which you should be offering refunds for.
    Yet.. you do not.

Am i jumping the gun a little ? Perhaps, but i jumped it once with the purchase of this memory... now i have a motherboard that has memory slot issues, and one that i had to RMA because of these issues.

Newegg has offered to refund my purchase.. though it was beyond the time limit to do so.(Thanks Newegg!)

So...
    G.Skill, Sorry.. Have to return !

Hope this stuff gets fixed up and you have some happy customers.. but for now, you lost one.

Good Luck !

I suspect G.SKILL software can't run because the part number of your memory modules is corrupted within SPD. The only way do detect if the G.SKILL Trident Z RGB series module is installed is to read the part number from SPD. Of course, we can scan the System Management Bus to find devices with specific addresses (0x58 - 0x5D I suppose) which would correspond to the LED lightning controller, but this method is not reliable.

Comment

You gonna be lost one more withing few weeks,

tried of installing and uninstalling

Comment

Originally posted by Slimshiesty View Post
        wait 3 minutes.. pat my head, and rub my tummy..
        The feels man

Comment

Originally posted by QuantumsEdge View Post
          The feels man
          Right?, next they will have us doing fn voodoo magic mon !

Comment

Working...
          X