Problem with Giga Z170X-Gaming 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Giga Z170X-Gaming 3

I have an annoying issue with the new RBG Ram sticks.The lighting effect on my 4 ram sticks auto reset and get messed up after a PC shutdown.Sometimes 2-3 ram sticks follow the effect i choose and the remaining ones just RAINBOW as default.I try to remove,clean install the software many times but the problem still exists.

My mainboard is Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3 with lastest bios update (Version F21) and i have lastest tridenz software also (Trident Z RGB Control v1.00.16 BETA)

Gskill Tech,please have a look on this problem and fix it asap,it really disappoints me.

Yea that happenes. at least all of yours turn on. i have one that wont turn on at all. Ever.

Comment

Yeah you might as well set your sticks back to default rainbow (if you can) and uninstall this beta if you're on Gigabyte/Aorus boards. It just doesn't play nice yet.
      --------------------------------------------
      Aorus z270 Gaming 5 Bios: F7
      i7700k, GTX 1070, Samsung 961 256GB M.2
      16gb Trident RGB F4-3600C16D
      NZXT Cam 3.3.1, Gigabyte RGB Fusion B17.0124.1

Comment

Originally posted by Firetech9 View Post
        Yea that happenes. at least all of yours turn on. i have one that wont turn on at all. Ever.
        it happened to me once,but its not hard to fix.Try to remove the ram sticks from the MOBO and install them again,but try to put in another ram slot,or just change place them.It would work for u

Comment

Problem is still here,please fix asap

Comment

Odinz, make sure that there's no other LED control software that might cause conflicting signals. We're working on compatibility with other software, but that does require updates to both software before it can play nicely together.

Firetech9,
            Make sure that you have v1.00.16 beta installed, and that you can open the software. Once you can do that, please try the following set of instructions to reset the lighting to the modules. In some cases, two or three cycles through #1-10 may be needed.
            1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.
            2. Shut down the computer.
            3. Disconnect the power cord, and wait for 3 minutes. (This is important!)
            4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the system.
            5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.

If by step 5, the modules are not lighting up, then please do the following:
            6. Close the software.
            7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open and locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.
            8. Wait until the service to stop and start again. It should display “Running”.
            9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.
            10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory module should return to default lighting.

As a note, the 10-step reset method above is intended for v1.00.16 BETA only. Earlier versions are not the same, so the same steps may not help to restore lighting.
            Last edited by G.SKILL; 04-14-2017, 12:03 AM. Reason: Added a note.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
              Odinz, make sure that there's no other LED control software that might cause conflicting signals. We're working on compatibility with other software, but that does require updates to both software before it can play nicely together.

Firetech9,
              Make sure that you have v1.00.16 beta installed, and that you can open the software. Once you can do that, please try the following set of instructions to reset the lighting to the modules. In some cases, two or three cycles through #1-10 may be needed.
              1. Open the software, and click on “DEFAULT”. Wait a minute or two for the process to complete.
              2. Shut down the computer.
              3. Disconnect the power cord, and wait for 3 minutes. (This is important!)
              4. Reconnect the power cord and turn on the system.
              5. Open the software and click “On/Off” on the top right corner to turn the modules on and off for two or three cycles. (i.e. Off > On > Off > On > Off > On) Remember to wait a few seconds in between.

If by step 5, the modules are not lighting up, then please do the following:
              6. Close the software.
              7. (Win10) Open Task Manager, and go to the Services tab. Then locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”. (Win7) Go to the “Run…” dialog and type in “services.msc”. A Services window will open and locate “AsLedService” and right click on it to choose “Restart”.
              8. Wait until the service to stop and start again. It should display “Running”.
              9. Open the software. This will take a few minutes, and it will give you an error. This is normal.
              10. Open the software a second time. The software should open properly, and the memory module should return to default lighting.

thank you this worked. exactly what i was looking for.

Comment

@ G.SKILL
                the problem is sometimes 1-2 ram sticks don't follow the effect i have chosen before,after a long shutdown,when i turn on my pc,at least 1 ram stick lights up on it's own way ( Default by RAINBOW ).
                Anh yes,your solution works for me or remove and clean reinstall the software works too,either way.BUT what i want here,i don't want to repeat these steps everytime i turn on my pc.And i think not a single gskill customer wants to waste 5-10 mins everyday just to do this to light up the ram.SO just fix it on the next comming beta.

Comment

Originally posted by Odinz View Post
                  @ G.SKILL
                  the problem is sometimes 1-2 ram sticks don't follow the effect i have chosen before,after a long shutdown,when i turn on my pc,at least 1 ram stick lights up on it's own way ( Default by RAINBOW ).
                  Anh yes,your solution works for me or remove and clean reinstall the software works too,either way.BUT what i want here,i don't want to repeat these steps everytime i turn on my pc.And i think not a single gskill customer wants to waste 5-10 mins everyday just to do this to light up the ram.SO just fix it on the next comming beta.
                  Understood. We're still trying to pinpoint the cause of this issue, to check the reason why this is happening so we can fix it.

Could you send in your CPU-Z report data to techsupport@gskill.com with your forum username? This information may help us with identifying the issue you're having. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                    Understood. We're still trying to pinpoint the cause of this issue, to check the reason why this is happening so we can fix it.

Could you send in your CPU-Z report data to techsupport@gskill.com with your forum username? This information may help us with identifying the issue you're having. Thanks.
                    i sent my cpu_z report to that email already,plz have a look

Comment

Working...
                    X