Memory problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory problem?

New build with an Asus Prime Z270-AR mb and G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 F4-3600C16D-16GVK memory.

Win10 install failed multiple times when installer initialized (blue flag just appeared). Eventually one of two stop codes would come up: "page fault in non-paged area" or the super informative "kernel error".

Mb was an open box special so I exchanged it for same model new. Windows installed, everything worked for two days, third day I got stop codes 3x in a row on bootup. Two were "page fault in non-paged area" and one just said "STOP".

Haven't had any further issues while waiting for my forum membership to be approved but I don't want to forget about it. I also don't want to jump to any conclusions. Any thoughts?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you enable XMP? Test one module at a time to see if a stick performs differently than the other. If you isolate the module and force it to perform on it's own, any issues will arise more quickly.

Comment

Before I was able to install Windows, I tried every combination of modules and slots and they all failed until I replaced the mb. Brand new install and I haven't checked for new BIOS yet. Mayber the new mb had newer BIOS than the open box mb I had originally. That might explain why it's working better. It's been working perfectly for days and it's difficult to troubleshoot an intermittent problem. I'll check for updates and hope for the best.

Edit: I have not used XMP. I purchased the faster memory so I could OC my system but I won't even try till I'm convinced it's stable.

Comment

Working...
      X