No Love for X99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Love for X99?

I am using an MSI Godlike Gaming Carbon motherboard and bought a 32gb pack of the RBG memory.

I feel for all the people having issues on their 170 or 270 boards and want to know if anyone has installed the software on their X99 board?

If so is it working at all?

For G.Skill --> when are you going to give the X99 some love?

it seems to me like this was a rushed to market package here. G.Skill saw so many people clamoring for the product and rushed it out without a stable controlling it software pack to deploy alongside of the actual memory.

X99 is the oldest DDR4 chipset out there, not to mention also the first DDR4-compatible design for consumers on the market, so it wasn't designed to include lighting support like this. It's taken a while to get support with LED up to speed.

Rest assured that we're adding X99 support, but this also requires working with motherboard vendors as well, and it would likely require an updated BIOS. And we have no control over how soon or how fast motherboard vendors are able to release an updated BIOS. In any case, we have more details coming soon regarding X99.

Current v1.00.08 BETA does not support X99.

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply

I understand that reasoning behind the delay.

I got a kit and love the look just want to match it to the rest of my rig!

Comment

I too am looking forward to X99 support.
        Please keep us informed.
        Thanks...

Comment

looks like the really do love the X99!

Comment

Originally posted by cursed_diamond View Post
            looks like the really do love the X99!
            What do you mean?

Comment

check the main page as they have a work around for X99

Comment

check the main page as they have a work around for X99
                Ok, found it. Thanks.

Now, does this mean the ram will work in quad channel?
                Also, are they able to achieve their rated speed (say 3200 if the sticks are rated as such)?

Oh, and using G.Skill's RAM Configurator (https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator) I cannot find Trident Z RGB RAM listed for my motherboard (ASUS X99 Deluxe II). Maybe they haven't gotten around to listing it yet since the software is still beta.
                Last edited by 123Testing123; 03-29-2017, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Keep in mind that the lighting (on any motherboard) is completely independent from the memory speed (and its compatibility on any motherboard).

Right now, if you have a kit of 4 Trident Z RGB modules, it will run in quad-channel mode on any X99 motherboard at a standard speed of DDR4-2133MHz. It will depend on the motherboard and CPU support to achieve speeds like 3200MHz. This is without considering the lights.

As of v1.00.16, you should be able to control the module lighting on ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, and ASRock X99 motherboards, where updating BIOS to the latest version is recommended. ASUS X99 motherboards do require enabling that "DRAM SPD Write" option in BIOS.

Our RAM Configurator is targeted toward the frequency speed compatibility side of things, so if it's not listed, then the spec might be too high. We are continually updating our QVL, so it might also be a lag in data update.

123Testing123,

Is there a particular total kit capacity or configuration you're looking for? We can check for you to see if there's a compatible Trident Z RGB kit for your motherboard. Also, we would need to know your CPU model as well.

Comment

I have a G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) Desktop Memory Model F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR set in a MSI Godlike Gaming Carbon at 3200 so....

I have not applied the new software as my graphic card is being switched out

Comment

Thanks for the explanation, it helps.

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                      23Testing123,

Is there a particular total kit capacity or configuration you're looking for? We can check for you to see if there's a compatible Trident Z RGB kit for your motherboard. Also, we would need to know your CPU model as well.
                      CPU: Intel i7-6950X
                      Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe II

I am hoping to get 64GB of memory:
                      Speed: 3200MHz
                      Latency: 14-14-14-34-2N

It looks like the following kit fills the bill:
                      F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR

I guess I'll need 2 of these kits to achieve 64GB.

Thanks for any help with this.

Comment

I had two kits installed to bring the total to 64 gb and my system posted but as soon as I tried to enable the XMP it crashed hard.

I got the 64 gb to post only at 2133 mhz. As soon as I tried to up it at to any thing faster than that, my rig would not get past the bios screen. I could go in and out of the bios but windows would not get to the log in screen.

Had to use a recovery flash drive and wipe the operating system back to factory fresh standards to get out of an infinite boot fail loop.

if you are not looking to go past 2133 mhz then 64 should be do-able. Overclocking 64 gb on 8 sticks is a lot of memory to overclock. It is easier to get 4 sticks of 16 to ramp up than it is 8 sticks of 8.

Comment

if you are not looking to go past 2133 mhz then 64 should be do-able. Overclocking 64 gb on 8 sticks is a lot of memory to overclock. It is easier to get 4 sticks of 16 to ramp up than it is 8 sticks of 8.
                          I have heard (read) this before. It's one of the reasons for the phrase I used in my post above, "I guess I'll need 2 of these kits to achieve 64GB" as I couldn't find 4 sticks of 16GB each, so I left it at that. But I'd heard that 4 sticks would be better than trying to get X99 to deal with 64GB of memory with 8 sticks.
                          Not having done this before, I'm finding the experience a challenge.

Comment

We definitely would not recommend mixing memory kits. Beyond a standard 2133MHz, there will likely be compatibility issues, and the higher it is from the standard 2133MHz speed, the more chance of it having a compatibility issue. Even at 2133MHz, there's a chance of getting compatibility issues between the modules.

For the capacity configuration you're looking for, we're still working on the availability. It will be on the market, but we don't have any word on the exact date just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
                              We definitely would not recommend mixing memory kits. Beyond a standard 2133MHz, there will likely be compatibility issues, and the higher it is from the standard 2133MHz speed, the more chance of it having a compatibility issue. Even at 2133MHz, there's a chance of getting compatibility issues between the modules.

For the capacity configuration you're looking for, we're still working on the availability. It will be on the market, but we don't have any word on the exact date just yet.
                              OK, thanks for checking into this for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X