X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My System only shows 2GB instead of 6 -> F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

Hello everybody,

i?m new here and have a strange problem:
    I bought a 6GB-TripleChannel Kit with the specifics listet above in topic.
    But neither in BIOS nor in windows the full 6GB capacity is indicated.... I did several changes in BIOS e.g. entered the speed (DDR3-1600) and set the CAS#-Latency on 9-9-9-24...also did a BIOS update to latest version...i don?t know what to do further, i hopy anybody can help me!
    Here my system in detail:
    Processor: Intel i7-920
    RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 6GB Tri-Kit
    Mainboard: Asus P6T
    Harddisk: Seagate Barracuda 1TB, 32MB Cache 7200 rpm
    Graphics:2 x BFG GTX275 SLI
    Power supply:Tacens Radix III 720 Watts

Hope for help!
    Greetings
    smoky
    Last edited by smoky; 08-18-2009, 11:41 PM.

Timings are right. RAM should be in slots 1,3,5 (Black ones). Voltage at 1.6, command rate at 2T. If it doesn't work try each stick individually in slot 1 (closest to CPU) if all are okay there try 2 sticks at a time 1,3 then 1,3,5 with the three. Can also try same using 2,4,6. to find if you have a bad stick or a bad slot.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hello Tradesman,
      thank you for your reply!
      I tried the Modules one by one, sepereately they are all working (it seems so) but without any result when i?m using them in triple-channel..if i use only one or two of the Modules in the orange-slots, my system even doesn?t boot up...black screen, no reaction...
      I thought i?ve to put them into the Orange slots..hmm, i think i?ll try the black ones as you said... many thanks so far!
      Last edited by smoky; 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Edit: Now i?ve tried the black RAM-slots on the mainboard...doesn?t work, system?s not booting up..

Comment

Have you checked all your voltages?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I only can enter BIOS if the RAM is plugged in the orange slots....otherwise my screen remains black...i set the DIMM-Voltage to 1.6 and command rate at 2T..... slowly but surely i think that my mainboard is broken

Comment

What slots did you have them in when they were reading as 2GB? Sounds like none of the slots work now..

Your motherboard is no good if it can't boot up with default settings. Contact ASUS for a new motherboard.

Thank you
              GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

Working...
              X