Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory issue on Ripjaws V F4-2133C15D-32GVR module

Hi all.

I am currently experiencing random BSODs on a fresh Windows 10 installation. The BSODs dump file indicate that there are multiple memory corruption. After that, I have tried to test the memory modules with Memtest. First time, it thrown at least 50K+ errors. So I used elimination process and proceeded to test with each pair of memory module since I have 4 memory modules. However, the test for each pair yield no error at all.

The PC has been running fine until I decided to upgrade the BIOS firmware to the latest, which cause the previous Windows installation corrupted and I had to install a fresh Windows on a new SSD. On random occasions, the PC will get BSOD with different kind of codes. Most of them are inconclusive to what would be the root cause of individual code. Another fact is by leaving the PC running at normal operation and without opening any program, it could run for couple hours and then later got BSOD.

My configuration is Intel i7-6700K with Gigabyte Z170-Gaming 7 and 4 sticks of Ripjaws V F4-2133C15D-32GVR. Previously I only bought a pair of memory, but later on I decided to add another pair and that pair was recently RMA due to bad physical. Everything is on stock option, no manual overclock at all. Motherboard could be doing overclock but I guess it is on acceptable range.

So does this indicate a problem with the memory or it could be something else like the memory controller board in the motherboard, which could mean it has been corrupted after the BIOS upgrade? And also, if somehow the memory module is seated incorrectly, despite Windows could boot the system, would Memtest throw those errors at all?

PC has been running find with 4 modules until BIOS upgrade?

Possibly a matching problem between the two kits if each stick tests fine individually.

Many reasons memtest can throw errors so anything is possible.

Comment

Did u try resetting/clearing your CMOS(pull out battery for a couple of min and reinsert again). maybe this will help fully reset your bios to stock to fully read all your 4 ram stick equally. Hope this helps

Comment

The 2 kits are basically same thing because I wanted the most compatibility, so I bought the same kit after the first one. I believe it was my fault during clean up and upgrade to new hard drive. While doing them, I might have installed the modules not secure enough. Since then, I removed them and installed them properly and so far no random BSODs.

One thing that I did not fully understand is why the motherboard did not indicate any problem with loosely installed memory module. The last time I did some upgrades with memory and by not install them properly, the motherboard recognized that and not even boot at all. Maybe the way the module is seated.

Anyway, so far no problem. So I guess I do not have RMA any part, but will keep monitor the PC for a couple days to see if it is stable or not.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X