X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMP issues with Ripjaws V F4-3333C16Q-32GVK

Hello everyone;

Short version:
    This is about a brand new Ripjaws V F4-3333C16Q-32GVK quad pack that instead of running at 3333MHZ runs at 2795. Max. Yes, that's with XMP profile active; 538 MHz slower.

Long version:
    New rig, everything new and sealed; assembled it, patched BIOS first, optimized defaults, rebooted, tested, everything run fine. So i rebooted again, back to BIOS, activated XMP, sorted any other relevant settings, saved, rebooted again.
    Your RAMs needs a 124ish clock, so it correctly boosted my CPU to 4.0GHz. All good so far.
    Except the actual RAM is running at 2795MHz.. no way near the 'guaranteed' 3333MHz. To make sure, i installed CPUz and tested from Windows again, same exact speeds. Went back to BIOS to check if their XMP (shows as profile 1) gives the correct voltage and related values, it does.

Just to be on the safe side, I also removed all the modules, refitted them and rebooted. Same issue. I then took them out, placed them back in, except in a different order. Again same exact speeds.

What can i do?

Specs that I think are relative (if you need everything, let me know):

RAM: http://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3333c16q-32gvk

PSU: http://www.evga.com/products/product...220-T2-1000-X1

Mobo: http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...px?pid=5281#ov
    (on the latest stable driver [F22])
    (am using dual 8pins to power the cpu just to be certain I've got no OCP issues)
    (RAMs are installed in the correct slots, as per Gigabyte manual's instructions)

CPU: https://ark.intel.com/products/94196...up-to-3_70-GHz
    (management interface, INF and relevant drivers up to date; including their new chipset)
    (power savers and related 'sandal modes' all deactivated from BIOS)

OS: Win 10 Enterprise 64bit Anniversary Edition, build 1607
    (plus some extra updates since. Up to date)

Someone please help me..
    And thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Aenra; 01-27-2017, 11:41 PM.
    Pride, honour and purity.

Just to add, system is also unstable.. at said 2795MHz.
    Settings are back to default after reboots, occasional failures to boot altogether (system hangs, reboots again automatically), the odd screen trembling, as if it needs time to 'see' I have a dedicated gpu and instead loads with a minimum resolution.

Other times everything loads fine.

Needless to say, extremely satisfied..
    I only blame myself for switching to Gskill, my Corsairs did fine enough. For that two extra CAS, here I am. Assuming anyone bothers, is there any chance this issue could have affected the mobo or cpu? As in I'm ****ed?

Comment

What is your VCCIO and VCCSA Voltage?

You can't expect guaranteed results using a motherboard that is not certified. In addition, we only have that motherboard rated up to DDR4-2800, which is right on par with what you are experiencing.

To stabilize a higher frequency or lower CAS, you will need to fine tune the two Voltages mentioned above. Check the current values, then make sure to manually set above that. Keep us posted on the result.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Keep us posted on the result.
        First of all, thank you for replying. Reading my post again, i must admit to some unwarranted angst while typing it.. my apologies

Have done a lot of reading since making the OP, started from scratch, all manual; find my highest stable CPU OC, save settings and then and only then start with the RAM.

(edit:whole stress testing day has passed, think i'm stable now)
        Thus far these are my settings, only CPU, RAM left at stock 2133:

- 45x100
        - uncore 35
        - input voltage 1.910
        - vcore 1.375
        - vring (cache voltage) 1.270
        - vccio 1.05
        - system agent offset as is, 0.0
        All else left to auto, including pll, llc, everything.

Leaving me with the RAM, which is why i'm here.. have two questions for you (unless you have any comments regarding the above, in which case please educate me):

1) is system agent 'tied' to any of the other voltage settings? As in, should i for example raise it to +0.2/3, would i need to raise some other voltage so as to compensate? If so, which one?
        Have read numerous mentions of vccio in regard to this. Do you agree? And/or are there other voltages i need up with a vccsa higher than default?

2) Can i use a strap of 100 (instead of your ram's 'default' 125)? Or is the answer a pre-defined 'no'? Stability-wise?
        Mind you, am no longer hoping for 3333Mhz, just the highest stable i can get, lol. Question still stands though.

Hoping to hear back from you
        Last edited by Aenra; 02-03-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

1) Just VCCIO, which is typically lower than SA.

2) Depends on the motherboard BIOS, you can try it to see what it can do.

Best thing to do is scale up so you have an idea of what may be necessary, better than plugging random numbers hoping it will work.

Comment

Working...
          X