Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ripjaw 4 F4-3000C15Q causes MSI X99A Gaming 7 to report error 55 No Memory Installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaw 4 F4-3000C15Q causes MSI X99A Gaming 7 to report error 55 No Memory Installed

Hello! I've been trying to find answers, and I figured this would be a great place to get them. I recently purchased a quad channel set of the aforementioned RAM, after seeing that it both suggests my motherboard is perfect to work with it, and that my CPU (i7-5820K) should be able to handle it. But, after installing it, I was met with an issue.

So long as any one of the four sticks is in any of the four open slots (All 16 possibilities tested), the motherboard's debug screen shows error code 55, which implies it's failing to see any memory installed. This doesn't make a lot of sense to me, as I currently have four sticks (4x4GB) installed, running quad channel without issue, but having these new sticks installed in any way makes them cease to exist as far as my computer is concerned. Would anyone happen to have any sort of advice to offer? Is there some sort of overclocking I'll have to do, or configuration for how I have to have them installed in the RAM ports?

Do you have the latest BIOS? Where did you purchase the RAM?

Did you try the new RAM by itself to see if it can work? What model is the original RAM?

Comment

Working...
    X