F4-2400C15Q-32GRR System Instability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-2400C15Q-32GRR System Instability

I'm trying to figure out if I should put in an RMA for my RAM or if there's additional troubleshooting I should do.

I have 8 identical 8GB sticks giving me 64GB of system RAM. However, after everything has been fine for a couple months, my system goes unstable after 20ish hours of usage.

Unstable: Programs begin to crash until the system freezes and I need to hard reset the system (power button for 5 seconds). The system is not better after rebooting. Windows will not boot. Safe mode will not boot, USB recovery mode will not boot, Memtest programs will not boot. If I leave the system powered down for ~3-4 hours, it will boot up fine. When the system is booting fine, memtest finds nothing wrong with the RAM.

I did some troubleshooting and began to suspect the RAM. To test the theory, I removed 32GB of RAM (4 sticks). The system was fine, and booted immediately after being unstable. I left it this way for 3 weeks without any crashes.
    I then put back two of the 4 ram sticks. The system was stable for 6 weeks with 48GB of RAM. I recently put back in the last two sticks of RAM and within 24 hours the system was crashing and unable to boot. I removed the two pieces of RAM I had just put back in and everything was fine again.

Is there any more troubleshooting I should do? Or should I open an RMA for these two pieces of RAM?

Thanks!
Working...
X