Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with F4-3000C14Q2-128GVKD

Hi all.

I'm trying to get F4-3000C14Q2-128GVKD to work with a rampage edition 10 motherboard. I have the latest bios + an i7-6900k. The xmp profile to run at ddr4 3000 does not work. Things I've tried:

upped ram voltage from 1.2 to 1.35
    modified cpu system agent voltage from .8 to 1.15 in steps of .25
    used asus's rampage tweak mode 1 (rather than auto -- I think this mostly just ups volts on cpu input)

The ram is stable at ddr3 2400 but nothing higher. Seems like this should be easier than this and the xmp profile should work given the mb is on the approved list. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Check to see if you can get one module to run at full speed.

Something is going on because that combination should work flawlessly.

Comment

Whoa!

All of my errors were coming from using the most recent version of memtest86 v7.1.

I saw that some folks were having issues with it, so I stepped back to memtest v4.3.7. No errors after running it all day. Also tried the windows memory diagnostic program and got no errors from that.

So, it seems there's an issue with the latest version of memtest and the latest rampage v ed. 10 bios. Memory seems to be working fine w/ the following settings:

xmp profile 1 (the only shipping profile)
      mode 1 memory option in bios

Best.
      sd

Comment

Yes there is a problem with several ASUS X99 models and Memtest 7.1, see:

http://www.passmark.com/forum/memtes...election-modes
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

You can use another memory test like

HCI Design Memtest

Comment

Working...
          X