[HELP] KM780 RGB Lighting Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] KM780 RGB Lighting Problem

1) Software (SW) version and firmware (FW) version - "SW 0.104" SAME THING HAPPENS WITH SW 0.105 & "FW 57"
    2) Did this issue occur on a new software installation or software update? - "YES"
    3) What is the model number of your keyboard and layout? (e.g. KM780 RGB, NA English; etc.) - "RIPJAWS KM780 RGB ENGLISH"
    4) Which Windows OS version are you using? (e.g. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit; Windows 10 Pro 64-bit; etc.) - "WINDOWS 10 PRO 64-bit"
    5) Which USB port did you plug the keyboard into? (e.g. USB3.0 in motherboard back panel, USB2.0 hub, etc.) - "KEYBOARDS'S 'keyboard symbol' USB WIRE INTO MOTHERBOARD'S REAR PANEL'S 1st UPPER USB3.0 PORT"
    6) Your motherboard model number - "ASROCK Z170 EXTREME6"
    7) Any antivirus/anti-malware software programs you have installed - "MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE"
    8) Any other keyboard/mouse/similar device software you have installed - "BESIDES KM780RGB, I HAVE LOGITECH G502 PROTEUS CORE MOUSE"

Recently I formatted Windows 10 Pro 64-bit. Before installing G.Skill drivers for my Ripjaws KM780RGB on the newly installed OS I visited the G.SKill website for new updates and
    there was this update FW 57 and SW 0.104 so installed it directly and before this my previous windows was having the version something like 35 or something which was the latest one
    in January 2016 when I bought the Keyboard.

PROBLEM 01 :- Whenever I turn OFF the keyboard lights via "Disable Lighting" (I have set M3 for Disable Lighting), some of the switches have lighting ON even when Lighting
    turned OFF.

PROBLEM 02 :- When I SHUT DOWN PC, many (not all, mostly the upper 3 rows and after pressing any switch all lights turn ON) of the switches are still ON but in a buggy manner
    [displayed in the video and image provided] and this happens in every lighting effect and also in "Disabled Ligting" mode.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRYe...ature=youtu.be

PROBLEM 03 :- Some of the Lights have a different base color. When I keep the base lights White, some of the switches have yellow/red/blue/others base color or tint.

WHAT I TRIED :-
    SOLUTION (that i tried) : The Solution for resetting the Firmware for the Keyboard given on the Forum (KM780 RGB firmware downgrade)
    using the Safety Pin method with GSKILL_KM780_RGB_V0037.bin Firmware.
    But still no Luck (already tried this 3 times) !

SOLUTION (Temporary) :- I resetted the Firmware to GSKILL_KM780_RGB_V0037.bin and didn't update it and used it with the latest software then non of the Issues occured but then
    again the new color modes and MEDIA buttons won't display RGB Color. Then I resetted it again and installed SW 0.105 and updated the FW but still same thing
    happens and then again I resetted the FW and updated it so now instead of FW 57 it updated to FW 46 but there was some problem only with CHANGELING Effect
    and the media colors were not RGB in FW 46 so tried resetting again and now hopefully its back to FW 57 and SW 105 with the PROBLEM 01 + 02 + 03 !!!

At first, I thought this problem was due to the ASROCK APPCharger Software which helps to charge the USB connected devices even when the PC is turned OFF so, i uninstalled the
    APPCharger but still no luck.

Kindly waiting for your response !!!
    Attached Files

Those are some strange issues. If firmware rollback didn't make any difference, it is recommended to RMA exchange it for a replacement. A new one should work much better.

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Hi,

I have the same issue with two keys

it started with firmware release around may. firmware update doesn't fix it.

regards

Comment

There is currently a known bug being fixed, where if the system is in "Sleep mode" and the BIOS is set so that you can wake from keyboard, then upon keypress, random lights in the second or third row will light up, but fail to wake the system. The same might happen if power is continually supplied to the keyboard while the system is turned off.

This bug will be fixed in the next update.

Edit: If after the next update (newer firmware than FW 57), and the issue is not fixed, then it might be something else, and may require a RMA replacement.
        Last edited by G.SKILL; 09-29-2016, 12:09 AM.

Comment

I updated the Firmware to SW 0.106 & FW 60 but still the same lighting issue is showing off so I'll RMA the Keyboard !!!

Comment

This is just a minor firmware issue. I have worst defects that this. and this is my second KM780
            The issue is there are keys that are still glowing even in 0% brightness or the PC is off, as long as there is power.

The glow is in low brightness, and can only be seen in the dark.
            and the keys affected are in 2 rows.
            my 1st KM780 had G and H rows (5,6,t,y,g,h,b,n keys), blue with a little bit of green LED color
            this 2nd KM780 now had A and S rows (m3, F1,1,2,q,w,a,s,z,x and alt key), light blue color.2
            i'm on my 3rd replacement since this 2nd replacement have cosmetic defect (rusty screw).
            Is there anyone else has this issue? please do check. I'm scared that it is permanent. I don't want my 3rd KM780 keyboard to have it.

Comment

i take back my last post, the LED glow is not permanent defect. when the windowsnos shutting down (then the monitor is off, keyboard should too, but the system is not completely shut down), I saw some of the keys (specifically m3) was turned completely off and the keys '2' is still glowing while the key 'Q' is blinking continously. same blue LED color.
              until the PC is completed shut down, the keys '2' and 'Q' are still glowing/blinking until I press a key. it returned to the it's original defect (2 rows are still lit). also, the keyboard effects are active when I pressed a key. I think the latest fix update was useless.

another thing, the author's issue was still here. when I turned the PC on again, that super bright red, green, and blue appears. (see author's image post)

yes, I have updated the firmware to latest before posting this and my reply before this

Comment

Working...
              X