Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW XMP modifies multiplier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW XMP modifies multiplier?

So I just build a new machine:
    • Asus Rampage 5 Extreme E10
    • G.SKILL Trident Z 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz 14-14-14-34-2N (F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW)
    • See signature for further details

Motherboard settings are default except that I enabled XMP for my memory. I ran HCI MemTest for 24h+ via a USB book stick and the RAM appears stable (http://i.imgur.com/mgc1Uzyh.jpg).

I use AIDA64 in Win 10 Pro to monitor my hardware.

Question: In Windows I notice that my CPU clock will hit 4 GHz. In the BIOS I notice that after enabling XMP, CPU Core Ratio = Sync All Cores and 1-Core Ratio Limit = 40. Why would enabling XMP modify the multiplier?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Psychor; 08-26-2016, 11:12 AM.
    The Goods

It is by motherboard design, CPU needs to be optimized for XMP maximum performance.

Comment

Almost certainly, this memory speed bumped your BCLK ratio to 1.25 from 1.0, but it doesn't matter as you can alter your CPU ratio and bring it to whatever you want.

**** Can you do me a favor and paste your XMP timings from an AIDA screenshot or maybe your SPD tab of CPU-Z?

I want to see what your kit is running on a quad machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sansnombre View Post
        Almost certainly, this memory speed bumped your BCLK ratio to 1.25 from 1.0, but it doesn't matter as you can alter your CPU ratio and bring it to whatever you want.

**** Can you do me a favor and paste your XMP timings from an AIDA screenshot or maybe your SPD tab of CPU-Z?

I want to see what your kit is running on a quad machine.
        Check out my first post - I updated the images.

I think I figured it out the issue with the CPU voltage being fix.

With CPU Core Voltage = AUTO and Fully Manual Mode = Enabled, the CPU voltage is locked.

But with CPU Core Voltage = AUTO and Fully Manual Mode = Disabled, the CPU voltage is dynamic.
        The Goods

Comment

Sorry, I didn't realize both posts were yours - I asked twice for the timings.

Also, sorry to bug again, I'm trying to get the secondary timings as well. We can see these in AIDA motherboard>spd (there's a XMP section that shows the timings) or in the BIOS themselves, but you'd have to take a picture of it there - those are best, but AIDA is easier.

I'm comparing the timings for a quad kit vs. a dual-channel kit for the exact same otherwise memory. I'm curious what they're doing in the two kits differently.

If you can, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by Sansnombre View Post
            Sorry, I didn't realize both posts were yours - I asked twice for the timings.

Also, sorry to bug again, I'm trying to get the secondary timings as well. We can see these in AIDA motherboard>spd (there's a XMP section that shows the timings) or in the BIOS themselves, but you'd have to take a picture of it there - those are best, but AIDA is easier.

I'm comparing the timings for a quad kit vs. a dual-channel kit for the exact same otherwise memory. I'm curious what they're doing in the two kits differently.

If you can, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers.
            The Goods

Comment

Working...
            X